Sponsored by:

rattling phantom buttons

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 01:34 AM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 20 Posts
Question rattling phantom buttons

Anyone here here have/solved this problem? The 2 phantom "buttons" (just black plastic blanks) on my painted rear console (right behind ashtray) are driving me nuts - start buzzing & resonating at certain speeds, esp. at highway speeds in 4th gear. Is there some way of decoupling them from the console, without just taking the damn things out and having to stare at 2 holes?
Old 09-25-2005, 06:35 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Mone don't rattle. They fit very tightly. Have you checked all of the torx screws in the rear center console to see if any of them are loose?
Old 09-25-2005, 01:39 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by triode
Anyone here here have/solved this problem? The 2 phantom "buttons" (just black plastic blanks) on my painted rear console (right behind ashtray) are driving me nuts - start buzzing & resonating at certain speeds, esp. at highway speeds in 4th gear. Is there some way of decoupling them from the console, without just taking the damn things out and having to stare at 2 holes?
Its an easy fix. Remove them. Wrap the stem piece with a small piece of teflon tape. Put them back in. Mine did the same thing.

You can also replace the button blank with new tighter fitting ones or do a garage door mod, a tail switch mod, or an engine compartment fan mod...all of which require you to put a new switch assembly in the 'blank' position of choice.

Quick Reply: rattling phantom buttons