Sponsored by:

PCM II Video

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 08:15 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default PCM II Video

I came across this device from Morpheous.nl, it allows video to be directly displayed on the PCM screen, as usual however its an FM Modulator for the sound.

1 Here is the reply to the email I sent them

We do supply an interface for the Porsche Cayenne. It is ONLY a video interface. Audio still has to be done by FM modulator.
There are 2 different interfaces: 1 for Cayennes up to 2004 and one for 2005 Cayennes. Please let me know what type of screen you have.
Where do you live ? IF you live in the USA then I will forward your contact details to my US partner who actually makes the interfaces. If you live in Europe then I can ship it to you.
Please be aware that installation requires some knowledge of electrical systems. No soldering is required but you do have to open up the screen unit from the Porsche. Attached is a PDF file explaining the installation. It is in Dutch but from the pictures you can get an idea of the difficulty.

Lewis, at last someone who did something original. Now if you were to join forces with them and ......sorry getting carried away.

Here is a link to the pdf, its to big to upload

Video on PCM II

JOHN D: I have no affiliation to these guys, this is the results of some research I did for the Cayenne Board which may be of wider interest.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:32 AM
RLandis
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any reason this wouldn't work in a 996 with a PCM II?
Old 08-10-2005, 08:49 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Not that i can see, I just cross posted to the 996 board and have requested more info from them.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:00 AM
DrPeter
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any dutch people out there willing to translate? The photo's are outstanding, but I am not willing to attempt the mod without the written does and don'ts.

Quick Reply: PCM II Video