Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

My first Porsche, and I'm hooked! (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 12:34 PM
erikv
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My first Porsche, and I'm hooked! (pics)

Just got my first Porsche (my last sports cars was an '03 M3), and I am loving it. Broke out mine new digital camera to give it a test, I am pleased how they turned out. I Thought I would share them here.

I have enjoyed reading rennlist for a while, I am grateful how much there is here to learn from, it is a great resource.

Any other 996 owners in Bucks county PA on Rennlist?

cheers,

-erik

here are my pics:

Old 07-29-2005, 12:45 PM
911Carrera3.6
Intermediate

Congradulations....and nice pics! Thanks for sharing I'm new to Porsche ownership myself and can't wait for the track days :-D
Old 07-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 269 Posts

Congrats, Nice pics...and it looks sooo clean!

So what do you have planned for the car??
Old 07-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

What a gorgeous car, good pictures too. Curious how the black car ended up with the silver center console, think it'll suit my car better, may be we should swap our center consoles You should most certainly take it out to the tracks, being from PA I amy see you at mid-ohio or Beaverun. Congratulations on a lovely purchase, you'll love it.
Jeeva
Old 07-29-2005, 12:58 PM
erikv
Track Day

Originally Posted by jeeva
What a gorgeous car, good pictures too. Curious how the black car ended up with the silver center console, think it'll suit my car better, may be we should swap our center consoles You should most certainly take it out to the tracks, being from PA I amy see you at mid-ohio or Beaverun. Congratulations on a lovely purchase, you'll love it.
Jeeva
Thanks for the reply on the pics. I wish I knew how the console turned out to be silver, I bought it use (CPO) at my local dealer with 6k miles on it, so I don't have the build sheet or original sticker.

I would love to go to a track someday, it is on my wish list!

-erik
Old 07-29-2005, 12:58 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice and clean.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:02 PM
erikv
Track Day

Originally Posted by Itzkirb

Thanks for the comments on the pics, take a good look at how clean it is, it will never be so clean again Black being black, and all. But, I tried not to think practically when shopping for this one...

Plans:

I plan to drive it whenever I have a chance! It is not my daily driver, but whenever it is nice out, I will try and use it! I haven't been to a track, but I do think about it more often then I care to admit...

-erik
Old 07-29-2005, 01:22 PM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a black 996 and I have the black painted center console. I will snap a pic of it after I put in my roll bar to give you an idea of the better look. I did also swap out a number of parts painted to black as well- center console, ignition rosette, 3 dash strips, hazard. I also have other parts painted artic which I think I will be swaping out to black as well but haven't done so yet. You'll see in the pics.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:29 PM
erikv
Track Day

Originally Posted by Itzkirb

Itzkirb,

forgot to mention, I really enjoyed your DIY section. I plan to do some of these items myself, it is great that you documented them so nicely. A question about the car door opener: did you consider replacing the battery in the transmitter with a regulator and powering it with 12v? I did that in a previous car, so I never had to replace the batt. Perhaps the batt lasts a really long time, however...

-erik
Old 07-29-2005, 01:29 PM
erikv
Track Day

Originally Posted by SPR
I have a black 996 and I have the black painted center console. I will snap a pic of it after I put in my roll bar to give you an idea of the better look. I did also swap out a number of parts painted to black as well- center console, ignition rosette, 3 dash strips, hazard. I also have other parts painted artic which I think I will be swaping out to black as well but haven't done so yet. You'll see in the pics.
I would like to see that.

-erik
Old 07-29-2005, 02:01 PM
SRC4S
Advanced

From one C4S owner to another, congrats!
Old 07-29-2005, 02:18 PM
vove
Burning Brakes

Very nice C4S..congrats and enjoy.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Joe2000C4Cab
Pro

Hi ericv,

I live in CA now but grew up in NE Philly. My parents have now retired to Newtown and I must say I'm jealous - you have some nice roads to take the C4S on there in good ol Bucks County! When I visit, I even have fun in my piece of cr*p rental car zipping down Rushland Road, Penns Park, etc. It must be awesome in your C4S!

You've posted the obligatory pics, now become a full fledged member, mod your car and post more pics! :-)

Enjoy.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:43 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

[QUOTE=erikv]Just got my first Porsche (my last sports cars was an '03 M3), and I am loving it. Broke out mine new digital camera to give it a test, I am pleased how they turned out. I Thought I would share them here.

I have enjoyed reading rennlist for a while, I am grateful how much there is here to learn from, it is a great resource.

Any other 996 owners in Bucks county PA on Rennlist?

cheers,
-erik
[QUOTE]

Beautiful car!!!
If you dont mind me asking, how much are 996 running for now? and how much did u spend on a CPO, that's the way to go.IMO C4S is my favorite, the big rear end drives me crazy
Old 07-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Mitty
Racer

Originally Posted by erikv
Itzkirb,

forgot to mention, I really enjoyed your DIY section. I plan to do some of these items myself, it is great that you documented them so nicely. A question about the car door opener: did you consider replacing the battery in the transmitter with a regulator and powering it with 12v? I did that in a previous car, so I never had to replace the batt. Perhaps the batt lasts a really long time, however...

-erik
Nice car and welcome!

This is exactly what I did. There is a +12V wire feeding the window switches near by.

Quick Reply: My first Porsche, and I'm hooked! (pics)