Sponsored by:

Thumbs up to sunset porsche...

Old 06-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Res Ips
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
Jim,

There are generally several levels of pricing. Most are structured in 20% increments.

Dealer cost + 20% is generally the lowest they will sell the part, and this is mostly to very established shops, etc.
Retail - 20% is usually what most shops get as their cost...
You'll be surprised to find out that there is a different value which is called "counter retail" it's about 10-20% higher that "true retail" and that's what the customer get's hit with when they call or walk through the door. It's often refered to as "extended price" The PCA discount is usually given off that price.

That is precisely how the local Volvo dealership does it. They discount off what they call "counter price" which is 15% higher that the what the parts are normally retailed for if. This was told to me "in confidence" by the service manager when I complained about the price for a front lens needing replacing. I ended up with a discount off the the standard list price. But who the hell knows what price your getting...

Anyway...I'm glad you got a good price on your expansion tank and I learned a lot from it as well.

Later...

Jim
Old 06-25-2005, 10:02 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Here's my front end .... You can see that I have about 6 1/8 inches to work with....
On second thought, I'm not going to say a word!....
Old 06-25-2005, 11:58 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Oh Tim.....you are so bad!

Get your mind out of the gutter.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:23 AM
Eli K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok...just finished swapping out the coolant reservoir. Looked like mine was leaking at the sensor. Putting the new unit in was a lot easier without the tab!!! Pretty straight forward overall, just a lot of crap to unscrew and loosen....
To bleed the system I'm planning on just leaving the valve open for a week, hopefully it'll do the trick...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thumbs up to sunset porsche...