996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

moved heated seat switches - pic's of work

Old 06-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moved heated seat switches - pic's of work

moved the switches after i saw the idea posted by rval -1999. I thought it was a great idea.

Pretty easy, the only advice is to feed the switches up through from the drivers side console tunnel. i tried initially using the passenger side, but there is not enough length.

Working on the insides of these cars is just like it was like as a kid building models; as long as you keep track of the parts, it is pretty easy.

Now for the spolier switch!
Attached Images        
Old 06-19-2005, 06:39 PM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's great - I keep thinking about trying this. Thanks for posting the pictures, you make it look easy How hard was it to remove the faceplate/radio?
Old 06-19-2005, 06:50 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you need a batwing that has no holes so you can get rid of those dummy switches. Nice job though!
Old 06-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 259 Posts

WOW! Very cool! looks like a cool simple adjustment...

While you had everything out already you should have done the spoiler switch. I agree with Mundman, time for a new Batwing.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

I am going to get a new non-heated batwing, storage group, CD surround and A/C surround in Basalt Black high gloss from Eric: he doesn't know it yet but he won't be surprised!

I have been trying to figure out how to clean this part of the car up for some time. It think it will look good - the high gloss against the flat leather and alu - but i won't know for quite sometime as Eric emailed me that they have a 5 week lag.

Old 06-19-2005, 08:08 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kristap
That's great - I keep thinking about trying this. Thanks for posting the pictures, you make it look easy How hard was it to remove the faceplate/radio?

It just pulls out after you remove the 4 screws. Really easy. The feed up the drivers side is not bad. I could do it with my fingers, whereas on the 1st run up the passenger side i had to fish them up with a coat hanger.

BTW, i didn't unplug anything from the stereo, A/C head; i just wedged it between the shifter and the console.

Only surprise was an extra wire feed wrapped around the heaters. I think it was to power the rear windows of a cab? Anyway, it was left wrapped around stuff so that it would not rattle later.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:23 PM
rval_1999
Instructor

Lookin' good.......
Old 06-20-2005, 04:13 PM
wyo996
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Man you are good. I'll work on the engine and SC, clutch, greasy stuff all day but that dash stuff spooks me. When I had my carbon fiber rear center console installed by the dealer the mechanic pulled and yanked on stuff so much he tore up the leather on my brake handle and now they are buying me a new one but I'm afraid for them to install it. I have been looking for a thread done about a year ago on someone with a grey interior who did a beautiful job with a full cf install themselves. Great Job!! Will
Old 01-30-2016, 06:21 AM
pierre_l
Instructor

anyone has a picture of the same job on a center console delete?
Old 08-24-2022, 08:02 AM
sammm123
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
moved the switches after i saw the idea posted by rval -1999. I thought it was a great idea.

Pretty easy, the only advice is to feed the switches up through from the drivers side console tunnel. i tried initially using the passenger side, but there is not enough length.

Working on the insides of these cars is just like it was like as a kid building models; as long as you keep track of the parts, it is pretty easy.

Now for the spolier switch!
How easy are the switches to take out so you can move them? easily broken or robust?
Old 08-24-2022, 12:16 PM
Sean Sutherland
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

I moved mine to the same spot when I did the center console delete on my 04 C4S.

It's a great location for them!
The following users liked this post:
imhighlander (08-24-2022)
Old 08-24-2022, 06:52 PM
imhighlander
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by sammm123
How easy are the switches to take out so you can move them? easily broken or robust?
Really quite easy if you're patient. Once you pull the batwing out, you'll see that the switches are held in place with small tabs on the rectangular opening in the back of the batwing. Stick a small nylon trim tool (or be very careful with a small screwdriver) and gently pry between the rectangular opening on the back of the batwing while you press the front side of the switch and pop it out the back of the batwing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: moved heated seat switches - pic's of work