Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Please do. And lots of them.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:24 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

[QUOTE=smshirk]One more thing, am I going CF nuts?

smshirk - You need to get the CF key fob! That would look really nice with all of your other CF stuff!
Old 08-06-2005, 09:39 PM
StanSoph
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joolsbourne
Are we allowed to post tt pics here?
It
's a 996, sure TT are way cool.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by joolsbourne
Are we allowed to post tt pics here?
Um, hell ya!
Old 08-07-2005, 01:13 AM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am flying to Chicago on Tuesday to pick this up... Mods have allready started to show up... this one will be fun!

Old 08-07-2005, 02:00 AM
Cool996
Advanced

Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
I am flying to Chicago on Tuesday to pick this up... Mods have allready started to show up... this one will be fun!

Looks nice Eric... are you keeping the cayenne? Funny, last year you had that grey 996 that you did all those mods to and then sold it... now you're buying another one!
Old 08-07-2005, 02:38 AM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah It was sold, we had plans to move to Denver so I sold the 996 with plans to replace it in a year, It has been 1 year this month since my AS 996 was sold. I can't tell you how much I miss that car! We purchased the Cayenne thinking it would be our winter SUV and that was short lived. It was too nice to trash in the winter as our only SUV. So I sold the Cayenne and sent it back to So.Cal. We leased an 05' Denali it has come in real handy with all of the new home shopping and Home Depot runs. We have been busting our asses for 9 months on back to back remodeling projects on our house that was built in 1928... I am just finishing up on 3 months of Landscape/hardscape and refinishing the garage. I was waiting for my space to be finished before getting another P-Car, I am just about done.

Here is my club house...

Last edited by SANDOVAL; 06-26-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:57 AM
c4bliss
Racer

my two twins..... just got the black one two weeks ago.. both 99's
Old 08-07-2005, 05:54 AM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 259 Posts

Hey Eric good to see you back! I'm still using RejeX!
Old 08-07-2005, 01:48 PM
joolsbourne
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok here it is, also one with the wifes, Boxster S.
Attached Images      
The following users liked this post:
BillyTheCat (10-10-2019)
Old 08-07-2005, 05:38 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by smshirk
I had a problem with the leather coming loose on my Boxster, so I decided to make the fix look a bit different. I like it so much I've been thinking about a similar look in my 996. take a look at the Boxster doors. Any ideas on a color scheme for the 996?

The 996 has changed a bit since this picture. I have added a CF shift ****, please no TIP jokes, I like it, and the batwing is CF with built in Valentine 1 remote unit. I know it's easy to go over board and maybe I already have. The aluminum look is real aluminum not paint. I'm thinking of a somewhat shiny silver leather around outside of door panels as in the Boxster doors. Opinions?

I really would appreciate a comment or two on thses door panels. I am please with the contrast on the Boxster and most everyone who has seen it appears to agree, but I don't know about doing this to the 996. It's not cheap. One hide of quality leather is 400 or 500 bucks and the guy who does this charges 50 an hour. The door panels are very time consuming to get off and on. It is a good 10 to 12 hour job at the very least. I am trying to finish the interior before starting on the aero kit and I just ordered my third set of wheels Friday. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to do the standard aero 1 kit or a turbo look bumper cover from and rear with another wing. I would really hate to spend all this money and wind up being excessive. If you look at my avatar, you can see I tend to keep adding and changing things over time.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:17 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

smshirk - I have always preferred an interior that is the same color through out. However, when I see some pics of the "aluminum look" mods that some of guys have done with the black interiors, I think it looks pretty good. That's probably because I have never cared for black interiors... too hot... too dark... too bland, IMO. So minimizing the amount of black is a good thing, IMO. I am not a big fan of the painted rear center console either. OK, without the sugar coating, I just don't like the look! But again, that is just my opinion and personal preference. I can however, appreciate the work and effort that went into changing out some of the interior parts, so I make it a point to compliment the results. What does this have to do with your question? I just wanted to give you some background on what my preferences are, so that when you read my comments to your request for input, at least you will know where I am coming from.

With all of that said, I think you might be better off looks-wise and probably money-wise if you were to stick with a more "normal" set of interior mods. Here is a thread, which shows the interior of a 997 with a lot of "Aluminum look" changes, including the rear center console.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/218966-aluminum-look-package-need-pics.html

I actually like to red in your Boxster, but then, the Boxster interior is much smaller that a 996 interior. I think that it could come off as not really complete in a 996. What you could do is go to the Porsche USA site and go to the car configurator. In '06 they are offering three bi-color interior options, a light/dark gray combo, a Sand Beige/medium brown combo, and a Terracotta & Black combo. Only the Terracotta & Black combo is represented on the configurator, and while Terracotta is not Red, it will at least give you an idea of what a bi-colored interior would look like in a 911. You can also select the 360-degree panoramic view and really see the entire interior, which is pretty neat. I hope this helps you a little. Just remember, mine is just one persons opinion, and ultimately, it is your P-car, so if you like it and it makes you smile... JUST DO IT!
Old 08-07-2005, 10:44 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

gota911,

Thanks for taking the time. I need a voice of reason once in a while. I have about 5k worth of parts in my basment that I've bought, installed and later removed, including the silver rear center console. maybe I should just get my aero kit done and then see if I need to do anything else. I have done all CF then all alum and now a sort of mix of the two. Either one by itself starts looking a little over the top even for me. There are a ton of black on black 996s running around Atlanta.

The door panels are the one thing that i really likeon the Boxster. It looks a lot different now too. I took those pics the day I got it back from the upholstery shop. It is not a red and black contrast evrywhere except the seats, and when I find my sport seats for the 996, I will probably put the 996 seats in there, if i still have the Boxster by then. They are full power on both sides + memory on drivers' and I don't think I can transfer the memory stuff to the Boxster, but all the power should work. I also found a factory soft feel boxster red rear center console, but haven't put it in yet. Waiting to do it all at one time, including the Bird consoles for each car. At any rate, it gives me something to do in the garage at night. I did a 914 years ago in UTenn not texas orange and white. It looked goofy, but a really die hard fan gave me about double what it was worth at a game one satuday night....go figure
Old 08-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Gregor1
Rennlist Member

winter bunny and daily driver

Gregor

ex 1980 911
ex 1990 964
present 2000 996
Old 11-21-2005, 04:14 PM
karlooz
Addict