Sponsored by:

To paint or not to paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 07:24 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've got exactly the same problem. my hood, bumper and front fenders are littered with rock chips which look like crud on a black car. i'm getting ready to sell it and am pondering the spending of $1600 to have it done right when anyone will be able to tell it's been painted no matter who does the work. so, i'm still undecided if i should just sell it like it is so it's clear there has been no accident or paintwork or just take before and afters along with getting some affidavits stating rock chips were the only reason for paint.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:03 PM
threeOh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, water based paint. Presume they had it in '99 but don't know for sure. And after you repaint and wait long enough to StoneGard it you'll need another paint job. We picked our car up 1,000 miles ago and its a week away from StoneGard'ing. In that brief period we have been super careful to avoid roads that are gravel pits yet the hood and mirrors must have at least a dozen chips in the paint.

Enjoy the car. They are well built durable machines and the paint is never going to be blemish free.

Quick Reply: To paint or not to paint