Sponsored by:

Chunks slow build... very slow.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 11:02 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Received 2,153 Likes on 989 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal911t
Mmmm. Nothing like single malts that are old enough to be out on their own.

I’m staying at my girl’s house tonight but I’ll dig out what I have in the cabinet tomorrow. Pretty sure I have a Glenlevit 25 in there somewhere. My favorite is Oban 14 and Oban Little bay, really like Japanese whiskey too.

Originally Posted by Justin76
super Jelly!!! let's see that beauty
​​​​​​​Soon!

Last edited by TheChunkNorris; 10-26-2021 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-27-2021, 12:00 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GC996
This thread discusses all of the finer things in life. The 996, firearms, watches and scotch. What more can you ask for.
I have a custom Tuna Seiko on the way and have some gun projects as well. Since I see that some enjoy that stuff, I’ll post it here.
Old 10-27-2021, 10:08 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

This a quick pic of most of what I drink with the exception of Shieldiag 12 which is super underrated.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:23 AM
barbancourt
Burning Brakes

Received 504 Likes on 277 Posts

I used to live that deployed life too, man. Great build so far. What’s in the box?

I’m in South Florida too. Us guys in the area should do a meet up sometime.
The following users liked this post:
TheChunkNorris (10-27-2021)
Old 10-27-2021, 10:49 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by barbancourt
I used to live that deployed life too, man. Great build so far. What’s in the box?

I’m in South Florida too. Us guys in the area should do a meet up sometime.
Man that’d be pretty awesome, do you go to the local meets? I’ll finally be here for the one next month but I’m definitely down to meet up. That’s a carbon fiber GT3(RS?) lip from DP-Motorsports… finally arrived.
barbancourt (10-27-2021)
Old 10-27-2021, 11:51 AM
barbancourt
Burning Brakes

Received 504 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris
Man that’d be pretty awesome, do you go to the local meets? I’ll finally be here for the one next month but I’m definitely down to meet up. That’s a carbon fiber GT3(RS?) lip from DP-Motorsports… finally arrived.
I just recently moved back home to FL after many years abroad and in other states. Haven’t been to any local meets, but if you have any details on when/where I’ll definitely come out.
Old 10-27-2021, 12:02 PM
gbarron
Pro

Received 265 Likes on 147 Posts

This a quick pic of most of what I drink with the exception of Shieldiag 12 which is super underrated.

If you enjoy The Yamazaki then try Akashi, Suntory, or for something really special...a bottle of Hibiki. I got into Japanese whiskeys about 12 years ago...amazing stuff!
Old 10-27-2021, 12:30 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Well on a scale of 1-10, I give it a 7 on initial inspection. There are a couple gaps in the fiber and the resin is a little cloudy but overall it’s not too bad and nothing that can’t be improved on. Think the first thing would be to paint the underside black to make sure you wouldn’t see through the small gaps, next would be to polish the entire lip(I have some foam mini attachments somewhere from my mobile detailing days) and probably get it wrapped in some type of PPF. Overall I’m not thrilled but not terribly disappointed.

Old 10-27-2021, 02:52 PM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 4,052 Likes on 2,300 Posts

Well on a scale of 1-10, I give it a 7 on initial inspection. There are a couple gaps in the fiber and the resin is a little cloudy but overall it’s not too bad and nothing that can’t be improved on. Think the first thing would be to paint the underside black to make sure you wouldn’t see through the small gaps, next would be to polish the entire lip(I have some foam mini attachments somewhere from my mobile detailing days) and probably get it wrapped in some type of PPF. Overall I’m not thrilled but not terribly disappointed.

After a little Oban, it won't matter! Bet it will end up looking pretty cool.
Old 10-27-2021, 05:41 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GC996
After a little Oban, it won't matter! Bet it will end up looking pretty cool.
You know what wasn’t cool? Removing the god forsaken Wilwood hitch receiver from the crash bar. Had to drill the back of the bar to remove the bolt heads… freaking pain in my ***.
Old 10-27-2021, 07:41 PM
SoCal911t
Rennlist Member

Received 1,519 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by gbarron
If you enjoy The Yamazaki then try Akashi, Suntory, or for something really special...a bottle of Hibiki. I got into Japanese whiskeys about 12 years ago...amazing stuff!
I have no experience with the Shieldag or the Japanese whiskeys but I'm always up for trying something new.
The map in the background is of your travels I assume? (I'm a bit of a map geek)

Old 10-27-2021, 09:11 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoCal911t
I have no experience with the Shieldag or the Japanese whiskeys but I'm always up for trying something new.
The map in the background is of your travels I assume? (I'm a bit of a map geek)

Yessir! I need to update it but I was in the Indian Ocean, East Pac, South China Sea and the entire Caribbean for work. My mom always liked the idea and thought it was cool too.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:58 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

This site costs me a lot of money. Found this gem of a thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...eadlights.html

Decided to jump on a set of projectors and upgraded bulbs. Here's the link fo the company and I'll link the install too.

https://retrofitlab.com/collections/...hid-headlights

The plan is replace all the bulbs to include the HIDs. The lights are a little dimmer than some of the other cars I've seen and again it's probably because I'm spoiled with my VW's adaptive HIDs... they're freaking amazing. I did get some unfortunate news from RPM Technik, we're 22 weeks in and the duckbill hasn't been started. The original lead time was 12 weeks, Simon has been cool and will have a real timeline or a refund by next week. Honestly, I'll probably end up just waiting because it's already been paid and the money has been budgeted for the year. Considered the center exhaust set up but that beast is almost 5400.00 USD!
Justin76 (10-29-2021)
Old 10-30-2021, 08:08 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

I got myself into a pickle… while removing the hitch, I removed the rear wheels to clean in there and do the brakes. The quickjack system is badass BUT I positioned it in a way that kept me from closing the garage door when the car was up past the locking mechanism. I had to close the garage door for a minute, so with the rear wheels removed I brought the car down. Apparently there’s a leak in one of the fittings and air got in and it wouldn’t come up.

Since the car was resting on the Quickjack, turns out there’s a somewhat functional use for the bumperettes!

Had to remove the rear bumper to access the bumper crush bar. A regular floor jack didn’t fit anywhere and after the car was high enough, I slid the Quick Jack out and replaced it with a low pro floor jack. So check your Quickjack fittings often and if you’re in the same predicament… the bunperettes are there.
Justin76 (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 10:33 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Took her on a 220mi drive to see my parents, the car is a beast and pretty comfortable. Need to upgrade the sound system eventually. So far the Chemical Guys Carbon Force has been holding up beautifully. This photo hasn’t been edited.

Picked up another rifle, this particular one is of the WW2 variety. Can you guess this round?

zbomb (11-04-2021)

Quick Reply: Chunks slow build... very slow.