Sponsored by:

Door Microswitches

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 09:11 AM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 202 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Door Microswitches

My passenger side door has an intermittent problem. Here are the symptoms, when it isn't working properly:

1. Double beep on unlocking.
2. Neither interior nor exterior door handles will cause the window to drop when opened.
3. Both doors lock properly.
4. Alarm code 60 - Central locking limit position. Lock not reached (code checked with my durametric)

My best guess is the door lock microswitch is on its way out. Any other ideas?

Old 05-20-2019, 10:18 AM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,091 Likes on 701 Posts

The door latch mechanism has at least 3 non-serviceable microswitches on it. More than likely one of them is failing. So you probably need a whole new latch mechanism. Fortunately they have come down in price from what I have heard.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:39 PM
rechtien
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

I have one intermittent and one that seems to have gone out before winter last year. Have some speakers to install at the same time. I haven't found d a reasonable replacement so if anyone has a recommendation please post it.

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:39 AM
ThatSalesGuy
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by strathconaman
My passenger side door has an intermittent problem. Here are the symptoms, when it isn't working properly:

1. Double beep on unlocking.
2. Neither interior nor exterior door handles will cause the window to drop when opened.
3. Both doors lock properly.
4. Alarm code 60 - Central locking limit position. Lock not reached (code checked with my durametric)

My best guess is the door lock microswitch is on its way out. Any other ideas?
Most likely it is the microswitch telling the car of the door is closed or not. In this case, it thinks the door is always closed.
I had this issue on the drivers side recently.

Originally Posted by DBJoe996
The door latch mechanism has at least 3 non-serviceable microswitches on it. More than likely one of them is failing. So you probably need a whole new latch mechanism. Fortunately they have come down in price from what I have heard.
While you cant buy microswitches separately, you can try to repair them. In this case it was just the plunger on the electromagnetic switch that broke. With a little patience and handy work with a dremel, I created a new plunger and superglue it into the microswitch. It's been about 10 days of constant use and no issues at this point. Spent a little time and $0 to fix it vs a new lock assembly and $300.

this is the microswitch most likely causing the window to not drop. As the door latch rotates, it pushes or let's the plunger out and activates an electromagnetic switch.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:37 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,580 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by ThatSalesGuy
While you cant buy microswitches separately, you can try to repair them.
Do you therefore have to buy the whole assembly if a repair is not in the cards?
Old 05-23-2019, 02:55 PM
ThatSalesGuy
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I repaired mine already. If that fails I will replace the entire thing. For now it is going strong

Quick Reply: Door Microswitches