Notices
996 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: LN Engineering

Caliper Paint

Old 05-16-2019, 01:48 AM
jayzbird
User

Make sure to use materials designed for high temps if you plan to do any track time
Old 05-16-2019, 07:59 AM
ttt123
User

Originally Posted by gcthree View Post
The reason I refinished my calipers is that someone had painted the black calipers red while in place on the car. Overspray is inevitable and chipping and discoloring was enough to put the caliper refresh high atop my list of things to do. In a pinch, I guess that you can do it, but how you prevent paint from getting places where it doesn't belong is beyond my masking talents.

6ft square piece of painters plastic, tape it just above the wheel well on the hood, tuck it up in the wheel well and poke a zip tie around the strut and through the plastic to hold it up against the inner well. cut a 12" slit in the plastic and pull your caliper through and rest it on the rotor. no overspray, done. just do all your prep work before you put the plastic on.

That's how I do it when I paint them in place. I'm trying to find pics of my boxster I did just like this but having a hard time finding them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: