996 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: LN Engineering

Key Fob Problem

Old 05-15-2019, 03:28 PM
Porschetech3
User

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor View Post
Never thought about this on the Porsche 996. Are you saying that if you manually lock/unlock the car with the laser cut portion, the car will engage/disengage the security system as normal?
yep,try it ! BUT you must also turn on the ignition with the laser cut key and have the "pill" in close proximity( either in the hey head or glued to the surround) within 5 seconds to disable the alarm.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:52 PM
NuttyProfessor
User

Originally Posted by Porschetech3 View Post
yep,try it ! BUT you must also turn on the ignition with the laser cut key and have the "pill" in close proximity( either in the hey head or glued to the surround) within 5 seconds to disable the alarm.
5 seconds? Wow, they must have lots of faith in me.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:15 PM
Porschetech3
User

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor View Post
5 seconds? Wow, they must have lots of faith in me.
Yea, at my age I don't move fast either. When I manually unlock, I immediately put the key in ignition and turn on, THEN get in the car and get comphy.

On my Tip I just go ahead and crank it while still standing outside since I don't have to push a clutch pedal down to start.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:53 PM
DBJoe996
Addict
Rennlist Member

Strange. On my 99 C2, I can manually unlock the door (which I have to do every time because my key fob gave up remote 10 years ago), put the key in my pocket and can go about my business, loading groceries in the frunk, unload stuff, walk away. The car does not re-lock or set off the alarm. I can unlock, put the key in my pocket, never open the door and come back later and it is still just sitting there. Door opens right up. No alarm, no nothing. Just get in, fire it up and drive away.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:37 PM
Porschetech3
User

Originally Posted by DBJoe996 View Post
Strange. On my 99 C2, I can manually unlock the door (which I have to do every time because my key fob gave up remote 10 years ago), put the key in my pocket and can go about my business, loading groceries in the frunk, unload stuff, walk away. The car does not re-lock or set off the alarm. I can unlock, put the key in my pocket, never open the door and come back later and it is still just sitting there. Door opens right up. No alarm, no nothing. Just get in, fire it up and drive away.
Yea, come to think of it, it's my 99 Cabriolet that when it's locked and I just reach in and open the door from the inside instead of using the key that I have to tun on the ignition within 5 seconds to disable the alarm.

Sucks getting old and having Sometimerze.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: