Sponsored by:

Immobilizer and ecu matching

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 08:21 AM
robflying
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Immobilizer and ecu matching

Might anyone know anyone or any place near Houston where I can have my immobilizer, ecu matched and also matched to my VIN? Hopefully done on the bench.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:44 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 112 Posts

Rob, just a bit more detail - what are you needing to do?
Old 05-12-2019, 10:38 AM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 700 Posts

ECUDoctors.com
Or at the Porsche dealers
Old 05-12-2019, 11:01 AM
robflying
Advanced

Originally Posted by dan_189
Rob, just a bit more detail - what are you needing to do?
No problem i can understand the confusion. Well anyone has followed some of my other threads you will note that I've installed a turbo engine into my 03' 996 N/A car. The immobilizer, key fob, interrogator, and ecu where changed do the damage the original immobilizer sustained. Well after much hard ache the engine runs, but other factor of controls is non available without a turbo ecu. Well I just found one and it's on its' way. But I'll need everything matched. Like to do it locally if possible. Read too many stories on the lost of articles, hope you can understand too much time and money invested.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:26 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Take it to the dealer.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:32 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
Take it to the dealer.
Hmmm, this is only MY opinion based on MY experience, so take it with a grain of salt... Dealerships make their money by #1 - Selling cars (very little margin) and #2 - servicing those cars. Them main idea is to build relationships/trust with customers through sales followed by service (even though they usually rail you on service at every chance they get). Porsche dealerships are incredibly expensive to run, so they're not going to waste time/($$) on things they're not familiar with and can't turn around quickly for maximum profit. Generally speaking, independent shops make their money by servicing anything/anyone who walks through the door. Given this scenario, unless you purchased the car from said dealership, the chances of them doing a great or even good job for you is slim. The fact that you've bodged together this "bastardized turbo nightmare" (their opinion not mine ) makes your chances even slimmer... Find yourself a really good indy who #1 has a PWIS system (no easy task) and #2 - Will be into your build, and will aspire to rise to the challenge you're presenting them with. I'm sure it can be done, but the level of success is going to be up to the mechanic(s) - choose wisely! Good luck
Old 05-13-2019, 06:10 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Unfortunately you need more than a piwis you need the ipass code to program anything immobiliser/DME. Not sure if many indys have access to those.

Perhaps ECU doctors as mentioned above can assist.

Would have been ideal to find an ecu + immobiliser + key

Also note the 996 gets programmed to keys not keys to the 996.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:06 PM
robflying
Advanced

Unfortunately you need more than a piwis you need the ipass code to program anything immobiliser/DME. Not sure if many indys have access to those.

Perhaps ECU doctors as mentioned above can assist.

Would have been ideal to find an ecu + immobiliser + key

Also note the 996 gets programmed to keys not keys to the 996.
Actually today I found out that programming is a more difficult task to perform. The place I inquired with today enlightened me with a bit of info. They take both ecu extract the codes from the ecu married to the present immobilizer, and transfer those codes to the new ecu. I was so in such misunderstanding of how the process is done, not as simple as I thought it would be. The interrogator chip that talks with the immobilizer is the culprit. Its removed and decoded.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:17 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Originally Posted by robflying
Actually today I found out that programming is a more difficult task to perform. The place I inquired with today enlightened me with a bit of info. They take both ecu extract the codes from the ecu married to the present immobilizer, and transfer those codes to the new ecu. I was so in such misunderstanding of how the process is done, not as simple as I thought it would be. The interrogator chip that talks with the immobilizer is the culprit. Its removed and decoded.
At least you found someone who knows how to do it - I can just imagine what it would be like years ago if you were trying to do this! Then again I don't think many people would be swapping turbo engines into C2s either!

Keep us posted
Old 01-10-2020, 12:41 PM
Anders Flodin
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Seems like there is new hard and software on the market

Check this out

does not need dealer codes, does even need a new keyfob with programming number, anyone tried this?

At least you found someone who knows how to do it - I can just imagine what it would be like years ago if you were trying to do this! Then again I don't think many people would be swapping turbo engines into C2s either!

Keep us posted
Old 01-10-2020, 12:49 PM
Coopduc
Burning Brakes

Received 252 Likes on 133 Posts

Any idea what that software is?
Old 01-10-2020, 12:52 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Coopduc
Any idea what that software is?
This is what the guy is using in the video. Very interesting.

https://shop.abrites.com/index.php?r...tegory&path=66
Old 01-10-2020, 04:41 PM
Doug996InKC
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor
The website states you can calibrate the operating hours, time and mileage of Porsche vehicles from different generations staring from the 996/986 911 Carrera/ Boxter mode
Umm, mileage? That's scary...
Old 01-11-2020, 04:48 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,323 Likes on 1,960 Posts

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor

This looks to be locksmith tools similar to whats been on the market for a while..

You must buy the hardware device (AVDI interface) then the software for Porsche(Po008), and a AMS ( annual maintenance subscription )

Also the immobilizer must be a functioning unit to extract data/except keys (not water logged) or not "locked in alarm mode"..

Would be too expensive for a "one time" use, and even would take a busy locksmith a long time to recoup investment unless he already has the AVDI interface and AMS...

To the OP, ECU Doctors is probably your best bet....

Quick Reply: Immobilizer and ecu matching