Sponsored by:

Scraping noise from rear end while slowing down

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 11:44 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

That pictures only shows a leak of some sort. Unless you keep topping off the system, your AC should be empty by now. IF you or the previous owner just kept topping up the system and letting the oil slowly leak out than that will destroy the bearing. Something in you story isn't adding up.

Do you own research if you want to know my credentials. I'm not going to be beating my chest here to show you how much I know.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:52 PM
dlknight
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
That pictures only shows a leak of some sort. Unless you keep topping off the system, your AC should be empty by now. IF you or the previous owner just kept topping up the system and letting the oil slowly leak out than that will destroy the bearing. Something in you story isn't adding up.

Do you own research if you want to know my credentials. I'm not going to be beating my chest here to show you how much I know.
Then let us agree to disagree, I came here to offer some simple advice which is pretty straight forward and isn't going to hurt anyone - yet you have come and beat your chest telling me how wrong I am and now even questioning my story.

Why would I come and make something up?

I wish you a nice weekend.
Old 11-07-2022, 01:39 PM
JL911
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wanted to follow up on this incase it happens to anyone else. Turned out to be a bad wheel bearing. Replacing it cleared the noise right up.
The following users liked this post:
EVOMMM (11-07-2022)

Quick Reply: Scraping noise from rear end while slowing down