Sponsored by:

inexpensive "spare key"

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 11:34 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,319 Likes on 1,958 Posts

Originally Posted by mattie_k
But in theory, doesn't this mean the car could be "hot wired" and therefore stolen?
If you can get into the car (break glass or cut top) and the steering unlocked (which takes your high security cut key)..or a BFH and some chisels .....
Old 04-24-2019, 04:31 AM
mattie_k
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
If you can get into the car (break glass or cut top) and the steering unlocked (which takes your high security cut key)..or a BFH and some chisels .....
Soooooo what you're saying is there is a chance? Lol

Pretty sure most car thieves don't care if the ruin the column because the cars just get chopped anyway.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:39 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mattie_k
Soooooo what you're saying is there is a chance? Lol

Pretty sure most car thieves don't care if the ruin the column because the cars just get chopped anyway.
. If your going to go through that much trouble to steal , just bring your own pill, immobilizer, and DME and plug them in, no need to " hot wire"..
Old 04-24-2019, 08:20 AM
Always wanted 1
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Dumb question maybe..has anyone ever tried to figure out what Porsche is doing with the pill? I’d imagine that these pills are some sort of transponder, if you could read/copy the info from the key it might be possible to store the information allowing folks to store the info and recreate keys already programmed to the car at will, or emulators.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:31 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Always wanted 1
Dumb question maybe..has anyone ever tried to figure out what Porsche is doing with the pill? I’d imagine that these pills are some sort of transponder, if you could read/copy the info from the key it might be possible to store the information allowing folks to store the info and recreate keys already programmed to the car at will, or emulators.
. Yea, the pill is a transponder, a Megamos Encrypto, it does some fancy encrypto stuff that tends to go haywire when copied..
Old 04-24-2019, 10:03 AM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,389 Likes on 1,266 Posts

. Megamos Encrypto
Thanks.
I found some interesting reading about the Megamos Encrypto!
Old 04-24-2019, 11:58 AM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 328 Posts

A very clever solution! Just out of curiosity, how close to the ignition switch does the pill need to be for it to work? A very clever solution!
Old 04-24-2019, 01:47 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

No, no one can enter your car with their remote.

Yes, the remote is also programmed to your car only.

Yes, your car had been programmed to accept your pill (pills), no others.
Great hack, Porschetech3! This is like James Bond super cool!

I've noticed those little RFID transponder pills before. This is like mark of the beast kind of thing, huh? hahahaha
Old 04-24-2019, 01:51 PM
DGI
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

While I'd love for my lock/unlock button to work... I've gotten use to going old school and simply unlocking the door with the metal key.

Would there be a "high security" Porsche key without a button head I could get cut to serve as my entry tool for the car since I'll put the pill behind the ignition trim as posted above?
Old 04-24-2019, 02:13 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 543 Posts

Any idea as to why my frunk buttons don't work on both my keys?
Old 04-24-2019, 02:36 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by 808Bill
Any idea as to why my frunk buttons don't work on both my keys?

Ah man, I've had this problem. Me and my little dog went out to get something out of the frunk. I pulled my remote out, hit the button, nothing. Dog barked. I looked at him and say, I know it's frustrating isn't it little one? What's wrong with this thing, I thought. Pushed the button again. Nothing. Dog barked and whined. Then amidst much frustration, I held the button down. Dog started jumpin' and barking". I looked down confused and looked the remote closely and it was my wireless remote for the wireless shock dog collar.

Got the Porsche remote out of my other pocket and it opened just fine.
The following users liked this post:
GeneS (05-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2019, 02:45 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wyovino
A very clever solution! Just out of curiosity, how close to the ignition switch does the pill need to be for it to work? A very clever solution!
Very close !! like about .500inch..
Old 04-24-2019, 02:49 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor
Ah man, I've had this problem. Me and my little dog went out to get something out of the frunk. I pulled my remote out, hit the button, nothing. Dog barked. I looked at him and say, I know it's frustrating isn't it little one? What's wrong with this thing, I thought. Pushed the button again. Nothing. Dog barked and whined. Then amidst much frustration, I held the button down. Dog started jumpin' and barking". I looked down confused and looked the remote closely and it was my wireless remote for the wireless shock dog collar.

OK - that's the funniest thing I've read all day. Poor puppy....
Old 04-24-2019, 02:57 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DGI
While I'd love for my lock/unlock button to work... I've gotten use to going old school and simply unlocking the door with the metal key.

Would there be a "high security" Porsche key without a button head I could get cut to serve as my entry tool for the car since I'll put the pill behind the ignition trim as posted above?
Yes, you can use this key, or the one like I posted the switchblade key. https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-High-Se...ss!35068!US!-1 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-Fl...MAAOSwPM9cs~8x
The following users liked this post:
Todd Hennen (12-12-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 03:50 PM
bpoteat
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor

Man, I have done this exact same thing. Kept hitting the button and thinking, "what the hell are those dogs barking at"? (It was my sister's dogs and I thought I had her car keys)

I felt terrible for those poor dogs when I realized what I was doing. My family still laughs about that.

Quick Reply: inexpensive "spare key"