Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Can you convert PSE to be always open or always closed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 11:38 AM
PorscheTurbo04
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can you convert PSE to be always open or always closed?

So this isn’t your average “I want my PSE open even in second” thread. I have been running at Thunderhill Raceway (103db limit) and have no problem, but I will fail Laguna Seca Raceway (92 or even 90db level).
Is there a way to have the PSE stay fully closed when on (not even open back up under full throttle)? I read the thread about the geocoded setup, but that doesn’t work for 996s. I just want to run Laguna with PSE full open, then push the button before corner 5, keep PSE valves closed while running full throttle up to corner 6, push the button again after corner 6 and open the PSE back up for the rest of the lap.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:43 PM
Optionman1
Rennlist Member

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,013 Posts

maybe i'm confused by your question, but on my 03 c4s the PSE default setting is "on" and can only be turned "off" by hitting the switch on the center console.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:57 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

If you want PSE always open/on disconnect the PSE connector in orange. Not sure why you want to fuss with exhaust button on track lap after lap? Seems to be a big distraction. As far as leaving the loud button off I have no idea but understand there is a need for lower decibel at certain tracks. Lots of guys using turn down pipes to pass sound stations, maybe go that route.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:01 PM
PorscheTurbo04
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I currently have the vacuum capped so it is loud all the time. I just want it closed from corners 5-6. Keeping it closed all the time builds up a lot of heat. So I want to make sure it doesn’t open up when I am at the wrong spot in the track and get black flagged.

Quick Reply: Can you convert PSE to be always open or always closed?