Notices
996 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: LN Engineering

Raceworks coilovers?

Old 05-13-2019, 10:04 PM
FrozenApples
User

I've had really good response time as well and I know they've been watching this thread. I'm surprised they're not getting back with you.

Got the bumps today. They upgraded me to the 172 model bumps for the trouble. These have the bump incorporated with the dust cover.

Got them apart very easy using an impact. I recommend this by far over trying to counter with a wrench.

Unfortunately, started a big garage project that's delaying me getting the rears installed quickly. Maybe sometime this week.
Attached Images  
Old 05-13-2019, 10:09 PM
TheYoung911
User

Nice to see they gave you upgraded parts as a replacement. Mine should be on their way, so hopefully I can join you in the installed club soon. I might be taking the car on a trip from NY to Detroit in a few weeks, and I think that would make for a heck of a review/article on how these coils hold up.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:58 PM
Rdrcr
User

Originally Posted by mramer125 View Post
Did anyone order the more expensive 172 coilovers over the novaks?
After initially ordering the Novak, I upgraded to the 172's. My understanding is the only difference between the two is the springs, valving...and apparently, the bump stops.

Mike

Old 05-14-2019, 01:28 AM
jobyt
User

Originally Posted by Rdrcr View Post
^^^^
That's really really disappointing. I'm sorry to hear that.
Please let us know if you have any issues...

Edit: Did you order the Eibach option or the standard Novak?

Mike
I ordered the 172s with Eibachs. Got a confirmation on March 30th and a follow up on April 9th. Then radio silence. Checked the spam folder just in case and nothing.

Very disappointing...
Old 05-14-2019, 10:19 AM
Zookie
Super User

this is starting to look like "here are the parts, put it together yourself"

straight to Ohlins for me after this thread

imagine a shop was doing the work and had to wait for parts and the shop charged you storage while your car is apart with missing parts... cost more than Ohlins at that point
Old 05-14-2019, 10:52 AM
De Jeeper
User

I think u r comparing apples and oranges. These r entry level coilovers at an entry level price. I know people r anxious to get there parts but the vendor was clear on how they r assembled and shipped and that takes time. I think it falls back on the old saying... time, quality, cost; pick 2.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:49 AM
FrozenApples
User

Originally Posted by Zookie View Post

imagine a shop was doing the work and had to wait for parts and the shop charged you storage while your car is apart with missing parts... cost more than Ohlins at that point
Certainly, if a shop was doing the work this would have been a bit more hairy but a far cry short of $3k Ohlins. Definitely took a risk getting these with basically no reviews out there. We'll see if they get their QC tightened up with the next shipments.

For me, a couple of part swaps wasn't a big hassle. The more interesting thing will be the ride quality and longevity. Hopefully, I'll have some more details soon on the former. The longevity piece will obviously take some time...
Old 05-14-2019, 12:28 PM
por944trs
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by De Jeeper View Post
I think u r comparing apples and oranges. These r entry level coilovers at an entry level price. I know people r anxious to get there parts but the vendor was clear on how they r assembled and shipped and that takes time. I think it falls back on the old saying... time, quality, cost; pick 2.
Well said on a very good point, taking that into consideration I will say that the initial statement was “ two to three” weeks, my order is now on week five, with my car in the air on a rack, lol. As a small business owner for the last thirty years I can attest things happen beyond your control, and the smaller the business ,the larger those “ things” can affect service. To my standreds communication has been professional ( abit a little slow) ,and on top of the situation.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:47 PM
808Bill
Super User

Communication in situations like this is so important...It only takes one bad review to sway potential customers to go elsewhere!
I had really hoped (still do) that you guys get it all together. There's nothing worst than receiving the wrong or missing parts while your car is up in the air.
I just went through this and lost a week when I need my car to get to and from work.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:55 PM
TheYoung911
User

That’s how I’m feeling about this, it’s most likely just that they are having an issue that’s causing this. I just hope they come soon. I was planning on doing this install with my school club, and my schdule only lines up once every 2 weeks. Hope it ships out soon.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:15 PM
TheYoung911
User

Originally Posted by Zookie View Post

I’d loved to get Ohlins, but they are nearly three times the cost on these. But I can’t afford them, and finding a used set is hard to find. If you are able and willing to spend the money on them then more power to ya. I hope I hope I don’t come off as a fanboy, I’m just excited to finally modify my car.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:29 AM
Dion Houng-Lee
User

Requested an update and they got back to be right away.

They are expecting them to arrive in the US mid next week and they will turn them around right away after refitting with Eibachs.

I am in no rush so I expected this from a new player with international logistics to manage. I am curious to see how consistent they will be with customer service to manage delays.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:12 AM
TheYoung911
User

Good news! I got my shipping label and it says that it will be here on Tuesday! Hopefully it has everything! I'll make updates on how things are going!
Old 05-16-2019, 11:20 AM
808Bill
Super User

Originally Posted by eturk001 View Post
Anyone familiar with these?
https://172suspension.com/collection...-996-coilovers

I saw an about page saying they started a years ago, with 996 coilovers, but Google didn't find much on them.
Did you end up order also?
Old 05-16-2019, 12:04 PM
Rdrcr
User

Originally Posted by TheYoung911 View Post
Good news! I got my shipping label and it says that it will be here on Tuesday! Hopefully it has everything! I'll make updates on how things are going!
Great news. I look forward to your feedback once you get them.

Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: