996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Attn Detailers

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 08:10 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Washing or drying you need lubrication. For me, I go through the wash process and then take the blower to the car. If you have a great protection coating this will virtually eliminate all water.

Then I grab the Bead Maker to function as my drying aid and go over the car.

But really it's about what's important to you. Drive it dirty. Run it through a carwash. Whatever makes you happy. My process is to eliminate contact with the paint to reduce and avoid as many swirls as possible. I would rather drive a dirty car than a clean one with swirls. So everything in my process is about that.

Also. For Microfiber, check out The Rag Company.

And check into some Micro Restore wash and never wash mf with other fabrics. Dont use softeners or perfumes in the detergent.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Einsteiger
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts

"......because the moisture in the cloth creates suction against the car body and thus applies pressure on any dirt and grime that is trapped between." Flash back to about 1963...back before they called it 'detailing', my older brother and one of his paint-expert friends also avoided the tried and true chamois because they said "It pulls on the paint too much. Eventually it will dull the finish." What's old is new again.

Above I saw someone mention Bead Maker - that is AWESOME stuff. After the first bottle, I went back and bought a gallon!!
Old 01-11-2019, 04:58 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,463 Posts

IMHO chamois towels belong in the trash bin of detailing history, along with the silicon water blade squeegee and the California duster...

Ironically, I just ordered a gallon of Bead Maker yesterday. I currently use Meguiar's D15601 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax and love it as a drying aid, quick detailer, glass and interior cleaner, but will give the Bead Maker a try...
Old 01-11-2019, 05:49 PM
2002C2
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Leaf blower followed by Adams detail spray and a lint free wipe. Great for getting the slats dry!

Quick Reply: Attn Detailers