Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

A little road salt and dirt are no match for Griots Speed Shine!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 08:50 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default A little road salt and dirt are no match for Griots Speed Shine!

Too cold to wash the car in the past few months, but there was some salt, dust and dirt that I had to take care of. Pulled out the Griots Speed Shine (normally used for detailing a clean car) and a few microfiber towels. 15 minutes later....

Name:  opcIlWj.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  927.1 KB

All in the comfort of my warm garage!
Old 12-10-2018, 06:57 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 79 Posts

Looks good Andy.

I've never washed a dirty car by only using a quick detailer spray, I'm too worried about marring the finish. Lately, when its cold and I feel like washing my cars in the garage, I use Optimum No Rinse. I use a bucket filled with ONR wash water and a spray bottle filled with a quick detailer spray I make from the ONR car wash. I first spray each body panel down with the ONR quick detailer before washing with a wet microfiber cloth from the wash bucket. If the car is really dirty I still prefer to first rinse the car off with a hose before washing in the garage with ONR. I probably worry too much about surface marring but the above system has worked really well for me.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:18 PM
pcasanova
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

You missed a spot. J/K looks awesome.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:33 PM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Received 203 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
Looks good Andy.

I've never washed a dirty car by only using a quick detailer spray, I'm too worried about marring the finish. Lately, when its cold and I feel like washing my cars in the garage, I use Optimum No Rinse. I use a bucket filled with ONR wash water and a spray bottle filled with a quick detailer spray I make from the ONR car wash. I first spray each body panel down with the ONR quick detailer before washing with a wet microfiber cloth from the wash bucket. If the car is really dirty I still prefer to first rinse the car off with a hose before washing in the garage with ONR. I probably worry too much about surface marring but the above system has worked really well for me.

If you're using a conventional wash method, ONR also makes for a fantastic drying aid. I also pair it with Optiseal. Love Optimum's products!
Old 12-11-2018, 11:45 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks. I bought that Optimum no rinse, but using a wet bucket, and wet product in the garage makes no sense to me - since all the dirt drips off onto the garage floor, right?
Old 12-11-2018, 01:08 PM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Received 203 Likes on 119 Posts

Worrying about dirt getting on garage floor makes even less sense to me. A lot easier and quicker to clean a floor than a paint correction.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:09 PM
parris
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

I would recommend proceed in two step. Starting with two buckets of warm water and microfibers. Clean the car with wet microfibers (not allow them to be too much wet to drop watter on the floor) and rising on the clean bucket.

After that, you can apply the quick detailer.

It looks a good result what you have achieved though! Congrats!
Old 12-11-2018, 02:39 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

My car had a bit of salt and dirt, but it wasn't filthy by any means. So I wasn't dragging a ton of dirt off the paint with the detail spray. I used very light pressure too. Hopefully next time I'll be able to hose the car down, assuming the temps are above 40!
Old 12-11-2018, 10:19 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyK
Thanks. I bought that Optimum no rinse, but using a wet bucket, and wet product in the garage makes no sense to me - since all the dirt drips off onto the garage floor, right?

I don't get a noticeable accumulation of dirt on the floor, however, I do get a lot of water on the floor because I tend to leave the microfiber wash rag very wet to help guard against scratching the paint. I think most of the dirt tends to stick in the wash rag and then gets deposited in my rinse bucket (using a two bucket wash method).
Old 12-13-2018, 07:58 PM
motoo344
Three Wheelin'

Received 467 Likes on 329 Posts

Another good way if you want something a little more substantial is to get an aerator soap foamer and some rinseless wash or something like Frothe from AMMO. This will put a nice layer of soap on it and you can wipe it right off.

Quick Reply: A little road salt and dirt are no match for Griots Speed Shine!