DGI
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Update:

Center console repair kit
Ashtray delete
GT3 console delete
B&M Shifter
Removed extra wiring previous owner had run for air horn (lol)

Old 11-05-2018, 08:23 AM
DGI
Pro

The B&M Shifter and GT3 console really transformed the driving experience for me. I'm that much more comfortable now.

Scored a 2" steering wheel extension yesterday so i'm torn on whether I'll run the aftermarket Raid wheel or not now. May sell it to go after a flat bottom 4 spoke wheel since the extension will give me all the knee room i'll need.

My lift at home is tied up so I cant get the ROW suspension mounted up or any of the other maintenance items I need to cross off the list but at least my driving position is getting ironed out.

Not sure if I mentioned this before but i'm 6'6", 240lbs with a 36" inseam and size 16 shoes. I typically have to go through a "fitting" period on most fun cars I buy. Except my 2013 Mini Clubman JCW. That thing fits me great!
Old 11-20-2018, 01:13 PM
DGI
Pro

Black Friday Deals got the best of me!!!

RSS is sending me

Engine Mounts (624)
Rear Adjustable Toe Steer Kit (312)
Rear Toe Alignment Locking Plates (333)
Front Monoball Strut Mounts (329)
Front Toe Steer/ Bump Steer Kit (370)

Should really wake up the suspension once the ROW kit goes on
Old 11-20-2018, 01:44 PM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,389 Likes on 1,266 Posts

Originally Posted by DGI

RSS is sending me

Engine Mounts (624)

Yep, that should make it feel much better.
I need to do engine mounts too.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:47 PM
DGI
Pro

Now I just need to rebuild/refinish my FM10s so they arent vibrating all the way down the road.... or just buy some factory wheels and sell the Fikses

Decisions, decisions
Old 11-20-2018, 03:34 PM
RSSmike
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DGI

RSS is sending me

Engine Mounts (624)

You really scored on (off list/website) 329 Front Upper Monoball Hat/Shock Mount Kits for 996/997, forgot we had a few remaining sets of the shelf.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:39 PM
DGI
Pro

Originally Posted by RSSmike
You really scored on (off list/website) 329 Front Upper Monoball Hat/Shock Mount Kits for 996/997, forgot we had a few remaining sets of the shelf.
Im still doing mental backflips of joy my friend!!! I cant wait to get your parts on the car and give this old girl a new lease on life!
Old 11-21-2018, 03:58 PM
Prelude Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

When am I going to see this car?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-26-2018, 08:43 PM
DGI
Pro

A litte delivery today!

Its a RSS Christmas tree!!!!

was under the assumption that the Hat kit was for the front. Turns out its for the rear. Hoping they have a front strut hat solution. Sent an email to Mike and hoping to hear from them shortly.

Cant wait to get everything on the car!!!
Old 11-27-2018, 05:23 AM
Projekt EPiK
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Just read thru the whole thread. not sure how I missed it before. Nice progression in a hurry.

I also bought my 99 C2 on first drive, no PPI..170k miles.. and have never regretted it. These cars are not a black art if you are DIY skilled....just a car that you have to go into with eyes wide open..helps to have experience though too.

Congrats on the new parts acquisition.. I'm waiting on the EPS forks I just picked up, to match the SPC adjustable control arms I scored a few months back. Surprisingly with nearly 184k on the car now everything is still tight and the parts are just waiting in a bin. I daily it and road trip frequently so there's no hurry.

Keep lovin Sally. Mine is Betty.. "whoa Black Betty"
Old 11-27-2018, 06:26 AM
DGI
Pro

Originally Posted by Projekt EPiK
Just read thru the whole thread. not sure how I missed it before. Nice progression in a hurry.

I also bought my 99 C2 on first drive, no PPI..170k miles.. and have never regretted it. These cars are not a black art if you are DIY skilled....just a car that you have to go into with eyes wide open..helps to have experience though too.

Congrats on the new parts acquisition.. I'm waiting on the EPS forks I just picked up, to match the SPC adjustable control arms I scored a few months back. Surprisingly with nearly 184k on the car now everything is still tight and the parts are just waiting in a bin. I daily it and road trip frequently so there's no hurry.

Keep lovin Sally. Mine is Betty.. "whoa Black Betty"
hey hey!

i agree, with a little DIY, these cars can offer a lot of value. My problem is the whole “buy once, cry once” mentality when it comes to replacement parts. I tend to go overboard :-)

Keep driving Betty!!! Im a firm believer that most cars need to be driven to be reliable!
Old 12-01-2018, 10:18 PM
DGI
Pro

Snagged some OEM 17” wheels. Figure cheap tires with plenty of side wall are always a good idea.

have yet to decide if im keeping the Fikses or not.

picked up some wall art for the garage also :-)

Old 12-09-2018, 08:35 AM
DGI
Pro

Update:

Battery went completely flat as it sat in the garage. Tried trickle charging in thecar, no luck. Tried jumping it with jump box, no luck. Tried charging out of car, no luck. Hooked up “charged” batterywith jump box and it fired up! Lol

Note to self: buy new battery!

Got the car on the lift and decided to start degreasing. Two cans of brake cleaner and a bottle of Simple Green and we’re getting somewhere but it seemssome elbow grease will be needed.

Took a better look underneat and realized that the previous owner rigged up the front bumper with some tape! I was planning on removing the frontbumper soon to clean radiators and remove the previously installed air horn. We’ll see if it can be reused without the rigging or if i’ll need a new cover.

Garage needs a white board to list the pending projects I have and try to planout an attack on this thing.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:23 PM
DGI
Pro

Been working on a different garage project and Sally has been sitting on my lift.

Today I finally cleaned out all of my Mustang parts that were laying underneath the 996 and got a little organized

I removed my battery tray as the battery is flat and I figured now is the time to address the rusty tray. Anyone know why this battery tray is green??

There was some adhesive on my dash from the previous owners that I didnt know if I was going to find a way to remove it... luckily Rennlist came to the rescue!

Going to get a price from my local dealer on a battery tray and depending on how obsurd it is, i may replace or scuff and respray.

Waiting on my Vorschlag front strut mounts then i’ll start assembling the suspension. After suspension is all together i’ll make a plan for the rest of the mods/maintenance.

Heading to MVA monday to get my historic tags so I can start driving it soon :-)
Old 01-26-2019, 05:25 PM
cds72911
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts

Could just sand blast it and paint it too, if the replacement price is unreasonable.

Quick Reply: DGI's Project 996 "Sally"