Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Diminished Value Claim Response from Insurance Co. Advice needed before tomorrow pls

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 09:03 AM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Received 394 Likes on 253 Posts

Fight for more. I’m preparing to go through this process as well. You’re in ATL, right? I’m using a gentleman recommended by the local Porsche certified shop. His guarantee is to get his customers at least $500 above whatever the insurance company’s initial DV claim is. If he can’t, he refunds his flat rate of $295. Seems like a worthwhile proposition to me.

The insurance companies are freaking leaches and they live for people who don’t fight for what they are due.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:38 AM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Thanks to all for the opinions. I contacted an appraiser yesterday and Ill keep yall posted on how it goes.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:33 AM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by RngTrtl
Thanks to all for the opinions. I contacted an appraiser yesterday and Ill keep yall posted on how it goes.
Good luck! Would you be so kind to post some pictures before and after? This story is very interesting. Seems like a lot of threads lately with people getting hit in their cars.

Also, could you please fix Atlanta traffic? Getting from the airport via I-85 through I-75 is the worst!
Old 10-04-2018, 01:15 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor
Good luck! Would you be so kind to post some pictures before and after? This story is very interesting. Seems like a lot of threads lately with people getting hit in their cars.

Also, could you please fix Atlanta traffic? Getting from the airport via I-85 through I-75 is the worst!
Before and after of the car? Those are in the link in the first post. Can help with the traffic sadly, best thing to do is always MARTA into the airport.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:44 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

To put this one to bed. They offered 4310, I got the appraisal done and they called it at 6600 and we met in the middle at 5500. Word to the wise, get the appraisal done and dont leave money on the table. It was quick, easy, and I have 1200 more than if I would have taken the initial offer.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:36 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 245 Posts

Is appraisal the done in person or via email?
Old 10-18-2018, 10:02 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
Is appraisal the done in person or via email?
I would think it goes on a case by case basis.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:12 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DIMINISHEDVALUE
Take the offer. I wouldn't take your money.
Your ID is diminished value.

Do you assist with DV claims on cars, if so what is your fee for a claim?
I live in New York State
Thanks
David
Old 11-02-2018, 09:51 PM
islaTurbine
Drifting

I recently went through this. I got nearly $1900 more than insurance’s Initial offer. But I did have to threaten litigation to get them there. The current insurance system is all a scam; one that we all are forced to support.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:11 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by islaTurbine
I recently went through this. I got nearly $1900 more than insurance’s Initial offer. But I did have to threaten litigation to get them there. The current insurance system is all a scam; one that we all are forced to support.
My Allstate agent is actually pretty good, that is, for an insurance salesman.
I don't know how to start the DV process, I just got my car back from repair.
Is it too soon?
I want to sound and appear that I know what I am talking about, so I need to learn as much as I can.
I don't want to bring in an appraiser if I don't have to, but I want to be foolish either.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:50 PM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
My Allstate agent is actually pretty good, that is, for an insurance salesman.
I don't know how to start the DV process, I just got my car back from repair.
Is it too soon?
I want to sound and appear that I know what I am talking about, so I need to learn as much as I can.
I don't want to bring in an appraiser if I don't have to, but I want to be foolish either.
Fwiw, my appraiser has been great to deal with but he totally plays the game that he’s (likely) instructed to.

All you you do is tell them that you’d like to make a claim for diminished value. They will then low ball you and tell you to pound sand if you ask for more. You’ll then pay $300+ to hire an appraiser to create a more realistic value for you. Then your insurance will magically be more willing to hire their own appraiser who will then come back with a value less than what your appraiser produced. You’ll then ask them to split the difference between the two quotes. They will either accept or tell you to pound sand. You’ll then have your appraiser draft a more threatening letter to send to their legal team basically threatening to take them to small claims court. They’ll either relent or again tell you to pound sand.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. It’s all a game and all a scam.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:55 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Fwiw, my appraiser has been great to deal with but he totally plays the game that he’s (likely) instructed to.

All you you do is tell them that you’d like to make a claim for diminished value. They will then low ball you and tell you to pound sand if you ask for more. You’ll then pay $300+ to hire an appraiser to create a more realistic value for you. Then your insurance will magically be more willing to hire their own appraiser who will then come back with a value less than what your appraiser produced. You’ll then ask them to split the difference between the two quotes. They will either accept or tell you to pound sand. You’ll then have your appraiser draft a more threatening letter to send to their legal team basically threatening to take them to small claims court. They’ll either relent or again tell you to pound sand.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. It’s all a game and all a scam.
pretty much this. you ask for a dmv claim, they offer you X, you pay 200-300 for an appraisal and they come up with Y, and then you meet in the middle-ish.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:52 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RngTrtl
pretty much this. you ask for a dmv claim, they offer you X, you pay 200-300 for an appraisal and they come up with Y, and then you meet in the middle-ish.
So there is a DMV form?
Does a diminished value claim go on the vehicle history, carfax?
Old 11-02-2018, 11:59 PM
islaTurbine
Drifting

No form. Just email your claims rep and tell them you want DV. A claim through insurance is what goes on your record. The point of the DV is to get financial recuperation due to the ill effects of said claim on the car’s record.
Old 11-03-2018, 12:32 AM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

No form. Just email your claims rep and tell them you want DV. A claim through insurance is what goes on your record. The point of the DV is to get financial recuperation due to the ill effects of said claim on the car’s record.
So then the damage/repair first has to appear on carfax or autocheck?
Is that what you are saying?
I have to prove the history is tainted?

Quick Reply: Diminished Value Claim Response from Insurance Co. Advice needed before tomorrow pls