Sponsored by:

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 07:41 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by rporzio
Ok good advice, I want to stay stock; sport suspension option, and just asked my mechanic that same question and his answer was the same as yours (replace the whole component). So, I'll need 4 lower control arms and 4 control arm links to do both the front and rear, correct? I'm looking @ the Meyle's on PP unless someone advises different...
Check Rock Auto and Amazon for pricing.
The ball joint seal was cracked on one side and the other looked/felt fine until I remove it and saw the bushing inside cracked. Glad I decided to do both (I always try to replace things in pairs)...If you're on original parts, they should all be upgraded, and soon.

You would never see this unless you took it off.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:52 PM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,389 Likes on 1,266 Posts

Originally Posted by rporzio
Ok good advice, I want to stay stock; sport suspension option, and just asked my mechanic that same question and his answer was the same as yours (replace the whole component). So, I'll need 4 lower control arms and 4 control arm links to do both the front and rear, correct? I'm looking @ the Meyle's on PP unless someone advises different...
The 4 control arms (coffin, wishbone) 2 in front and 2 in rear are all the same, but the others are different. 2 links (control arms) in front and 2 upper front links, 2 upper rear links in back. Plus 2 toe links (track bars)in the rear.

There are too many different names for the same things!!!
Old 08-15-2018, 02:31 PM
rporzio
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Excellent advice everyone, thanks so much... Ralph

Quick Reply: Need some help