Back to 911 ownership!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 11:29 PM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,389 Likes on 1,266 Posts

Originally Posted by sasilverbullet
Don't apologize, just come home! You can drive your car year-round here...

Y’all foreigners gotta quit coming down here to The Republic of Texas and taking our best cars.
Now bring it back...please.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:31 AM
Quaz
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 42 Posts

Figured I would post a couple more photos for grins. I have some paint correction work to do on the outside and a couple of dings to get out, but I think I am done on the exterior. Now I have to figure out what to do on the inside of it. I am not a huge fan of the all tan interior so I need to strategically place some black accents to tone it down a bit. I have seen it done on other 996 interiors where it looks pretty good. Thanks for all the compliments so far. I put some miles on it yesterday and I think I am falling in love.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:58 PM
SoCal911t
Rennlist Member

Received 1,346 Likes on 660 Posts

Great looking car and welcome to the wet side! Your color combo is what I really wanted but oh well, c'est la vie . I too, am a air-cooled refugee having made the leap to water cooled last year. I have no regrets so far.

Originally Posted by Quaz
I am not a huge fan of the all tan interior so I need to strategically place some black accents to tone it down a bit.
My car's interior was a sea of gray when I bought it and I had the same idea as you. I've been gradually adding black bits to break it up a little. You can see what I've done so far in this thread.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:23 PM
joseph mitro
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 159 Posts

did you sell the Boxster or the M3?
Old 08-13-2018, 03:58 PM
Quaz
Instructor

M3 found a new home and the new owner pics it up tomorrow actually. I really liked your car, but this one popped up down in Texas (Docmirror's car) and it had the sport seats and LSD, so I jumped on it. Did you find a home for your blue one yet?
Old 08-13-2018, 09:51 PM
joseph mitro
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 159 Posts

yep; it lives in TX now. looks like you found a nice car. congrats!
Old 08-15-2018, 05:40 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Just amazing! Beautiful car. I really love the early red aero 996 cars. That's why I chose it for my avatar. I've been to some Porsche shows and the 996 cars are lined up next to the aircooled Porsches. Everyone getting a long and laughing. But funny thing, if I based my opinions on the forums, it would seem like things were so a little more nasty. I've been lurking for years, but still new to this Porsche world.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:15 AM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,578 Likes on 985 Posts

Originally Posted by Quaz
I had a 71 Targa outlaw that I restored from just a bare shell and a 77 with a Carrera 3.2 in it. Both were great cars, but I really wanted something with more modern amenities. You know like AC, wipers that clear the windshield, headlights that illuminate the road and a radio that sounds OK. My Boxster is a wonderful car, but I live in the midwest where the weather is not always agreeable and my top down days are few and far between. Also I have a 5 year old and the back seat is nice once in a while to cart her around in. As for driving I actually prefer the Boxster to the 911...I need to get some solid hours behind the wheel before I pass total judgements.
So now that you’ve had the 996 for awhile, how does it compare to all the other Porsche’s you’ve had? BTW, nice running into you today at a work event - small world.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:18 AM
Quaz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mike Murphy
So now that you’ve had the 996 for awhile, how does it compare to all the other Porsche’s you’ve had? BTW, nice running into you today at a work event - small world.
Wow did you look at this thread Mike? You were one of the first to respond. Meeting you last night was great, we will have to hit some local events together.

Having this car for a year has been fun and a lot of work. I have rebushed almost all of the front suspension and parts of the rear. Still need to do strut bearings on all 4 corners. Added a catted X-pipe and PSE modded mufflers, but still not entirely happy with the sound. Could use a little more. Cleaned up the interior a lot and polished up the paint. It is coming along and I pretty sure I am going to keep it for a while. Only thing that will kick it out of my garage will be a GT4 at some point.
The following users liked this post:
Mike Murphy (08-21-2019)

Quick Reply: Back to 911 ownership!