Crosspost - 996 GT3 Sport Hard Back Seats FS

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Tonger
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Crosspost - 996 GT3 Sport Hard Back Seats FS

SOLD and delivered - thanks!

Last edited by Tonger; 08-27-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:27 PM
996Weston
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping

Any sense what it would cost to ship them up to Boston? Thanks, Nat
Old 07-13-2018, 09:46 PM
Tonger
Rennlist Member

A quick estimate would be between $2-300 for two U-Haul wardrobe boxes. I am planning to package the seats in separate boxes to minimize the chance of damage.

Some people have used Greyhound but I'm a little worried about the insurance and in transit damage. I think the best way to get these to your doorstep is using FedEx ground or UPS. UShip is another possibility, I have used them to move a roof clip.

https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...ing-seats.html

Thanks
Old 07-14-2018, 01:05 PM
craig001
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts
Thumbs up

I got Wardrobe boxes from U-Haul and shipped via Greyhound in the past for shipping seats. If the depot is convenient to both parties and there is no time crunch they are the way to go. I want to say they offer insurance, it's been a while so you have to forgive me. It's a volume rather than weight thing to ship seats. If you can paletize the seats then FedEx or UPS might work but it would be as freight.
Old 07-14-2018, 02:08 PM
Tonger
Rennlist Member

Thanks Craig, unfortunately Greyhound can be a problem with insuring used auto parts that don't have original manufacturer packing. They simply won't allow you to declare a value anymore.

Found the Greyhound Auto Part Exclusion from the website below (scroll down)

http://www.shipgreyhound.com/e/pages/FAQ.aspx

What are your packaging requirements?

All shipments must be packed in containers made of durable material and of quality sufficient to withstand handling on buses. All packages containing FRAGILE or PERISHABLE articles must be marked in large letters, preferably with appropriate labels. See Terms and Conditions of Purchase and Carriage for complete packaging requirements. Additional restrictions apply for auto parts as listed below.

Auto parts will need to be tendered with OEM packaging. If manufacturing packaging does not exist we will accept at the shippers risk or at no declared value.

Quick Reply: Crosspost - 996 GT3 Sport Hard Back Seats FS