Sponsored by:

Convertible top won't open

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 11:25 AM
Kuwaiti
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dharn55
I don’t think that is the problem. As 996’s are designed for the top to operate up to a certain speed I don’t think there is a microswitch on the parking brake like there was on 993’s and earlier. I know I have had my console off several times and have never seen a microswitch on the parking brake, or if there is one it is for the parking brake light not the top.

that being said there are some thing like 14 microswitch involved with the top operation. I have some training manuals that cover the sequence of the top and microswitches that I can share with yo if that would help. It could also be the switch itself.
Would you share it with me I am having issues with my top. .
Old 09-18-2019, 09:21 AM
carlvs
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Training manuals for convertible top.

Originally Posted by Kuwaiti
Would you share it with me I am having issues with my top. .
If you still have the training manuals I’d love to have a copy to help diagnose my current convertible top problem. Top only opens half way and red dash light is always on.

thanks.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:21 AM
MadIrish
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by alabamatoy
This article would be wrong, then. My 2000 would open/close up to an eye-tearing 3MPH. There is one wire that you pull on one of the connectors into the controller behind the rear seat and you can open/close at any speed. I did this on mine, works nice. I kept the parking brake requirement, but it can also be defeated.
2000's won't open without E-brake engaged...something odd about yours!
Old 07-19-2021, 12:59 AM
sjean1
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mr

Originally Posted by Dryslick13
2001 C2. Top won't open. Either running or off won't open with toggle switch. It makes a slight click noise when you push the switch. Top light on dash flashes when you hold the toggle switch down. What should I check? Also, have read that you can open top with key fob? How do you do that? I have a button to open the trunk release but not the top.
good day. did you get a solution to your question?

Quick Reply: Convertible top won't open