10mm ECS Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 02:41 PM
gcthree
Rennlist Member

Location: Williamsburg, Virginia by way of Garden City, New York
Received 116 Likes on 37 Posts
Default 10mm ECS Wheel Spacers

I was seeking a 'just enough' spacer set front and rear to bring the tires closer to the bodywork without compromising tire-to-body clearances and settled on the idea of 10mm spacers front and rear. There's no shortage of spacers available on the market, but if you are looking for extremely high quality at what I consider to be a very fair price, the ECS pieces are excellent. The spacers come with extended wheel lugs with the appropriate cone washer anodized in black, and extended screws to hold the spacers and brake disc to the hub. As our wheels are hub-centric, you'll see that the spacer provides slots for the existing locating finger on our hubs. Again, well thought-out and high quality. The ECS etching on the spacer is just icing on the cake.

Here's a couple shots of the spacer kit:

The 10mm spacer push the tire/wheel outwards just enough for my tastes so it appears OE. Here's a shot of the front without....and with the spacer installed:

And here's a side-by-side of the rear without....and with the spacer installed:

Again, nothing dramatic but very subtle. The ECS etching on the spacer shows through with the Carrera 5-spoke wheels. Nice touch. The longer Phillips-head screws can be seen holding the spacer/disc/hub assembly. And finally a shot showing the slots in the spacer to accept the fingers on the hub.

My only commentary beyond how good these are is that ECS did take quite a while to get these to me, citing an 'out of stock' issue. I received them 4 weeks after I had purchased them. But I'll add that I'm very happy that I was patient, as it was worth it.

Bob
Old 07-05-2018, 12:07 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,580 Likes on 987 Posts

What sort of ballpark pricing for these?

I’ll admit that it makes sense to only buy the highest quality parts for these cars. Too many people have issues with spacers causing handling problems or having aftermarket wheel lug bolts coming loose. I would only want trouble-free parts.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:40 PM
Looneybin
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

i put 15 mm on my fronts and was going to install 5mm's on the rears, but the rears rubbed the fenders, so i took them off
i agree, top notch product and makes the wheels fill the fender wells like a proper sports car should
Old 07-05-2018, 06:17 PM
gcthree
Rennlist Member

Location: Williamsburg, Virginia by way of Garden City, New York
Received 116 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by murphyslaw1978
What sort of ballpark pricing for these?

I’ll admit that it makes sense to only buy the highest quality parts for these cars. Too many people have issues with spacers causing handling problems or having aftermarket wheel lug bolts coming loose. I would only want trouble-free parts.
$249 for all 4 wheels (spacers, correct longer lug bolts and retaining screws) with free shipping. No issues whatsoever with shakes, out of balance or rubbing.
Also, I made sure to lube the retaining screws and lug bolts with a light coating of Never Seize, and a light coating of synthetic grease inside the hub of the wheel as the hub-centric mounting is very tight on my car.

One other note, the stock lug bolts feature a conical seating washer and whenever I torqued them, you could feel a 'grainy' sensation as you brought them up to specs. I suspect it was the finish on the OE lugs. That is not the case with the ECS lugs. Smooth as can be as you torque them up.

Bob

Last edited by gcthree; 07-05-2018 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:37 AM
Simonripley
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm a huge fan of ECS. I get 95% of my parts there. Free shipping on orders over $50, great customer service, competitive pricing, good selection, and several combo kits, like oil change, brake service kits etc. I'm kind of surprised I don't hear more about them on this forum.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:40 AM
AnthonyGS
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

Just wait until you place a big order with them and some stuff you ordered is missing... and they tell you the dollar value is too low for them to worry about. Been there, done that.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:11 AM
Simonripley
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyGS
Just wait until you place a big order with them and some stuff you ordered is missing... and they tell you the dollar value is too low for them to worry about. Been there, done that.
Sorry to hear that. I've ordered more than 25 various items from them over the last 17 months with no hiccups.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:53 AM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Looneybin
i put 15 mm on my fronts and was going to install 5mm's on the rears, but the rears rubbed the fenders, so i took them off
i agree, top notch product and makes the wheels fill the fender wells like a proper sports car should
What year car was this? Stock offset wheels? I'm just surprised the rears rubbed as most seem to run up to 15mm on stock offsets without issue.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:04 AM
Mike Mullins
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 157 Posts
Default ECS spacers

I also like these as well, as I have 15mm's on front and 23mm's on rear of my narrow bodied Targa.
I have optional stock 18" Carrera wheels with stock sized tires. The suspension is lowed 1.25" w H&R sport springs and Bilstein B8 Shocks, Struts and Adj Sway bar. compromised alignment (between Track and street ) and I feel this thing rocks on the Conti tires. Waiting on day I replace them with Pilots.
No rubbing tires or components except for skid block on rear on certain driveways (only takes one time .
I did have to wait 6-7 weeks for 23mm's to be made at the time.

See previous posts for Pic's

Mike
Old 07-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Looneybin
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

my car is an 03, but the wheels are not stock
I don't know the offsets, they are the cup 4's from TireRack
i'm also on H&R lowering springs
Old 07-07-2018, 08:08 AM
joseph mitro
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 159 Posts

I used ECS spacers and stud conversion kit on both my 996 and my BMW X5. nicely done.
also placed multiple orders with them and no problems.

Quick Reply: 10mm ECS Wheel Spacers