C4S Paint correction

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 11:10 PM
Ohio Performance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 188 Likes on 77 Posts

Do you happen to know what products were used? Looks like liquid ink!
2007 C4S F77 Aerokit / 2004 E46 M3 / 2018 M3 comp

Last edited by Ohio Performance; 04-22-2018 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:09 AM
Audidude
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I've done mine myself using a Rupes Bigfoot 21 dual-action polisher and Rupes polishes. I did a full correction when I bought the car 8 months ago, but since then it's acquired more fine swirling which is almost impossible to avoid on a black car.
I've changed my wash technique now to include a snow foam pre-wash (Gyeon Q2M) so am hopeful that the car will be dirt-free prior to touching the paint for it's final wash.

This time I only used the Rupes Keramic Gloss fine polish and finished with a coating of Waxaddict Vortex wax, which you'll see, if you follow the link (www.waxaddict.co.uk/vortex), is a ridiculous price, but WOW does it give a glass-like finish!
A perfect paint correction and a ceramic coating gives excellent results too, and the finish is more durable than a waxed finish BUT, it WILL eventually swirl and then removing the swirling is not possible with conventional polishes. Not a problem if you're not keeping the car more than 2 years or so, but it will be a problem for the next owner. Personally I love the process of polishing and waxing - it's a hobby. But I totally understand those who see it as a chore.

Here's some shots (sadly only taken with my phone (Huawei Mate 10 Pro) but you'll get the idea. There are couple of pre-polish shots showing the swirling which was only visible under bight reflected light - the car was actually in quite good condition beforehand.

Last edited by Audidude; 04-22-2018 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Link missed out
Old 04-22-2018, 01:14 AM
Audidude
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

And here is my snowfoam technique:

Quick Reply: C4S Paint correction