Sponsored by:

Sunroof One Touch Close

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 04:51 PM
sleboff
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sunroof One Touch Close

I have an '05 C4S. The sunroof worked perfectly then one day i hit the one touch close button and it sends the sunroof back but right when its about to close it sends the sunroof back to open. at first i was able to just hold the close button and it would close properly, but then that stopped so i had to hold the tilt button down to get it to close all the way, it would then send the sunroof to tilt mode and open, id then press the close button again and it would finally close properly.

Any ideas as to whats going on??
Old 03-31-2018, 05:21 PM
Dr_Strangelove
Rennlist Member

Received 933 Likes on 565 Posts

Here are some thoughts for you, I suspect the cable or rails since your motor seems to be working just fine:
  1. If you're lucky you may just have some gunk/buildup on the rails themselves. Give them a good clean and then lube with some lithium grease or some Teflon grease.
  2. If you're not-so lucky the cable may be beginning to fail in one way or another; getting stretched or chewed, probably, in which case you'll need to replace the driving mechanism: https://www.porscheatlantaperimeterp...762421100.html

If it is the cable that's beginning to fail you're only going to have so many chances to observe this thing and fiddle with it before it fails completely and your job (or your mechanic's job) gets just that much harder because it will be stuck and won't move as freely for positioning and removal during your repair.
Old 03-31-2018, 11:38 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,323 Likes on 1,960 Posts

If your battery has recently been dead or has been replaced you may need to "relearn" the sunroof , by opening completely then release the button and hit open again for a few seconds, then do the same for close, close completely then release and hit close again for a few seconds.

As mentioned by DR Strangelove cleaning and lube the slides is always a good idea, and if these two scenarios doesn't work, you could have a failing cable/slide/motor problem.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:52 AM
sleboff
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys, I cleaned and greased the rails and everything seems to be working ok now, but i think i will do the "relearn" just in case.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:47 AM
Astro
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

This type of thing happens to my sunroof and even windows from time to time... I just hold the buttons to close them and they relearn. Not a huge deal.

Quick Reply: Sunroof One Touch Close