996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Will these Factory 19" 997 C4S rims fit on my 996 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 07:56 PM
Ryan Way
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

S'all good! threads have a way of taking on a life of their own and I see it as an opportunity to learn and meet other C4S owners who have done what I want to do. The respray and carpet on my G body has set me back a few but the coffers will be full again soon. I just want to do the right mods and avoid the "slippery slope" on what is intended to be my daily driver. Picking up those wheels and tires for roughly the cost of a good set of tires for my stock wheels certainly gave me some room to play. Right place - right time Facebook Marketplace of all places..poorly marketed once again! Thanks again everyone for the posts!

-Ryan
Old 03-20-2018, 08:13 PM
texcwa
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I myself like the look of 19" wheels. Although many will say that the ride is harsher, I do not feel much difference at all, in fact, I feel like there is less tire roll when into the corners. As for the additional unsprug weight of 19", my wheels actually saved approx 35 lbs with 19" over the OEM 18" wheels, plus an additional weight saving of .4 lbs per wheel going with titanium lugs and the tires themselves were almost identical in weight.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:47 AM
charlieaf92
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeman
Where are they man (the examples)? A C4S also has better brakes, suspension and a stiffer chassis, so I have no doubt it could be faster around a track than a C2. Are there any tests of a 996.1 C2 vs C4? Would an AWD system really make a 296 hp car faster around a dry track? I don't remember seeing any NON marketing material claiming a C4 is faster (especially when you consider the +80 lbs and -3% drivetrain loss).

Anyone live somewhere snowy and wet with a C4 or 4S? Care to take a video and see if the front tires will engage?

Can a mod split this thread into its own new topic?
Old 03-21-2018, 03:12 AM
michalik.piotr
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Cheers, sarcasm is hard to detect and the beautiful things is we can all have an opinion and agree to disagree.......and for the record i prefer rwd cars too. I'm a noob to Porsche and here to learn.

Quick Reply: Will these Factory 19" 997 C4S rims fit on my 996 C4S