Sponsored by:

Passenger Seat Won't Lower

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 10:08 PM
aeichmiller
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Seat Won't Lower

Last time taking the 996 out my son raised the seat as high as it would go. Now, I can't lower it. All other adjustments work normally, but the seat is stuck at the highest position.

Anyone had something like this happen before?

Loose wire? Switch going bad? Issue with the track? Something else?
Old 03-08-2018, 10:12 AM
dhallford
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

If you can hear the motor turning when you press the control down, then my guess would be the cable connecting the motor to the gear box. Common failure. Easy to fix. About $60 if I remember correctly. Fixed mine about 8 months ago.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:43 PM
Phrog Phlyer
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

I could not hear the motor running on mine (fore and aft went out). So, I had to place my fingers on the motor. I tried to see if I could feel it (or in my case not feel it) move or try to move. I would run the good motors back against their stops then the motor would rock slightly when the switch was energized. The motor that I was trying to test did not make any noise or rocking movement. Then I took the motor out and swapped one of the "good" motors in its' place to see if I could get the seat to move - it did. After I confirmed the switch in the side of the seat works in all directions, I concluded it was the motor. Bought a new motor, installed it, and it has been working perfectly since.

Quick Reply: Passenger Seat Won't Lower