Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum-60/)
-   -   Access to Dealer Service Records? (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/1049844-access-to-dealer-service-records.html)

Joel 67 02-14-2018 04:56 PM

Access to Dealer Service Records?

Does anyone here work at a dealership or have access to dealer service records? If so, I desperately need a copy as I'm trying to figure some things out. Please PM me if you can help! Any help would be confidential.

Thanks!
Joel

jllphan 02-14-2018 05:24 PM

Hey Joel, I don’t work at a dealer but had a recent experience that might help. Bought a C4s in St Louis and then contacted my local dealer in Nashville to provide any dealer records. They were happy took for any but said if it wasn’t serviced at that particular dealer nothing would show up. Needless to say they had nothing on file. All arhat to say you will likely need to reach out to the car’s home dealer for history... at least that was my experience. I would think a national search is doable, but not according to my dealer.

Dennis C 02-14-2018 05:44 PM

+1

There's a national database for recall work/TSBs, but nothing else. You have to contact the dealership(s) where the car was serviced and try to persuade them to release the records. Some will, some won't.

todcp 02-14-2018 05:48 PM

I contacted the original dealer that serviced my car through 32,000 miles and was told they only keep the prior two years of records. Pretty lousy business practice if you ask me.

Kris Murphy 02-14-2018 06:13 PM

You can try pulling a carfax to see where the car was serviced. It should show up if it was at a dealer. Try calling the specific dealer that did the service.

I did that with my car, they will ask for proof of ownership when you call before sending you the records.

jhbrennan 02-14-2018 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by todcp (Post 14802277)
I contacted the original dealer that serviced my car through 32,000 miles and was told they only keep the prior two years of records. Pretty lousy business practice if you ask me.

And most dealers (unless you can find an enlightened, helpful one) will cite privacy concerns for not releasing what if anything they have.

Cosmo Kramer 02-14-2018 10:32 PM

I just bought a 2011 Cayenne that was dealer serviced, sent them a copy of the title and my drivers licence and they emailed me everything they had.

jhbrennan 02-14-2018 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer (Post 14802873)
I just bought a 2011 Cayenne that was dealer serviced, sent them a copy of the title and my drivers licence and they emailed me everything they had.

Did they redact the previous owner info?

Cosmo Kramer 02-15-2018 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by jhbrennan (Post 14802937)

No they left it on the invoices. In my province previous owners names and their city of residence is public information.

Dennis C 02-15-2018 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by jhbrennan (Post 14802937)

My first Porsche purchase was a CPO Cayenne S. I was the second owner, and I bought it from the same dealership where the original owner purchased it and had it serviced. The service manager was happy to provide me with all the service records, but all personal information related to the original owner was removed from the paperwork.

When I traded my Porsches in the past (I traded all of them at Porsche dealerships), I provided my complete set of service records to the dealership. I removed all my personal information.

human911 02-15-2018 08:13 PM

Try to download the myCarFax app and add your Porsche. It will show previous service history if any data is avaliable. If it was serviced at a Porsche dealer it will most likely have some information.