2018 M96 Online and Hands-On Class Details

Old 01-23-2018, 12:46 PM
BRS-LN
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 363 Likes on 148 Posts
Lightbulb 2018 M96 Online and Hands-On Class Details

Due to demand, LN Engineering has partnered with the Knowledge Gruppe to add a mixed Enthusiast/ Professional Class to the 2018 Hands-On Training Schedule, just been released at www.theknowledgegruppe.com. The M96 “102” Hands- On Engine Rebuild School is coming up April 25-28, 2018.

This is the same material that we instruct in PRO level classes! Class is instructed by Jake Raby and Tony Callas and is perfect for anyone planning on tackling their own do it yourself engine rebuild and sets you up for success.

The difference is we take more time with some aspects of the assembly that enthusiasts will benefit from and enthusiasts can gain greatly from the participation of professionals. Likewise, enthusiasts often bring a fresh prospective, allowing professionals to see the rebuild process from the enthusiast’s point of view, making for a better experience for all attendees.

Anyone wishing to attend the Hands-On class must first attend the 4 hour “101” Online Class on March 29, 2018. This will get every attendee up to speed and let us focus on keeping the “102” Hands-On Class as hands on as possible. Even if you don’t want to attend the hands on class, the “101” Online Class has valuable information for any owner of Porsche model with the M96 or M97 engine.

Here are a couple of recent Rennlist threads that were started by members that attended prior enthusiast level classes. See their reviews and tons of photos here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...***-102-a.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...2-class-2.html

Here is a bit about the two stage curriculum offered by the “101” and “102” classes:

All attendees will first complete two online "101" class sessions. These are preparatory classes for those attending the Hands- On class, and they are required. This allows us to cover more material in the hands- on class, and spend more time in the shop, than the classroom. In the online class, Jake Raby and Tony Callas provide the basic information necessary to understand the shortcomings of Porsche’s most misunderstood engine. The team of Raby and Callas bring their unique experiences to the class, with Callas instructing the external points of the engine, and Raby focusing on the internals. In this class you’ll be able to attend from the comfort of your own home, while you receive 8 hours of instruction on the topics of:

- Meet the M96/97- Engine configuration layout and subsystems illustrated

- Basic M96/97 Engine Management, fuel trim, system resets and etc.

- Cooling system design and function

- Oil System design and function explained

- Cracked Cylinder Heads, causes and effects

- All about scheduled service

- Engine Failure Illustrated - the truth about on- track failures

- G force oil starvation and other myths are busted!

For more details, or to sign up for the pre-requisite "101" Online Class, click here:

http://www.theknowledgegruppe.com/in...ss-101-online/

For details on the “102” Hands- On Class, click here:

http://www.theknowledgegruppe.com/in...-102-hands-on/

THE HANDS ON CLASS MUST BE FILLED WITH AT LEAST 10 ATTENDEES by April 1, 2018 to be held!

Old 01-23-2018, 01:00 PM
Charles Navarro
Rennlist Member

Received 1,066 Likes on 555 Posts

We have had several Rennlisters sign up for the class after planning a rebuild. What has worked well for many participants is to tear the engine down and send the block to LN for sleeving. That way, when you get back from the class, you should hopefully have all the parts back and you can immediately apply what you have learned in the class in building your engine.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:39 PM
Doug996InKC
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Signed up for the April 102 class last week. What's the headcount so far? Thx.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:24 PM
Dr_Strangelove
Rennlist Member

Received 933 Likes on 565 Posts

I also signed up for the class last week but my order is still "on hold." See you there, Doug!

-Adam
Old 01-23-2018, 05:38 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,282 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove
I also signed up for the class last week but my order is still "on hold." See you there, Doug!

-Adam
So far the Hands- on M96 102 class is 1/2 way to quota. This class will fill fast, as it always does. We haven;t even sent the details out to our training groups, or via Flat 6 newsletter yet.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:41 PM
Dr_Strangelove
Rennlist Member

I think I put two and two together when I saw your note about the class needing a minimum of 10. Wasn't aware of the quota beforehand, glad you guys are halfway there and you only posted the dates on the 16th! So I'm guessing once you hit quota we will get our confirmations?
Old 01-23-2018, 10:11 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,282 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove
I think I put two and two together when I saw your note about the class needing a minimum of 10. Wasn't aware of the quota beforehand, glad you guys are halfway there and you only posted the dates on the 16th! So I'm guessing once you hit quota we will get our confirmations?
Rebecca, who manages these classes at The Knowledge Gruppe has been out sick with a severe case of Flu.
She will touch base with each of you when she is back at at the helm.

We never "plan" to have a class until it meets quota. Last year we did not anticipate having any more M96 classes, but we did decide to add this one class to the schedule. Jake said that 10 years of doing this class was long enough for him... We are glad that he agreed to this one more class.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:25 PM
Dr_Strangelove
Rennlist Member

Thanks for letting us know. It's hard for me to be patient when I am beside myself with excitement, but I will be a good pupil and wait quietly!

Please tell Mr. Raby that I think I confidently speak for most us when I say he is the reason why I'm signed up. So thank you for agreeing to do more classes. It's not easy to take the flack when you put yourself out there. I speak as a professional creative who gets plenty of it! So I understand his desire to get away. And as for poor Rebecca, hoping she is on the mend! The flu is miserable...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 M96 Online and Hands-On Class Details