996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Dct t96 steering wheel

Old 12-25-2017, 11:10 AM
2out2sea
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dct t96 steering wheel

Hello all and merry Christmas. I tried a search, but could not come up with an answer here so forgive me if this has been covered. I am just curious as to how long those of you that ordered a t96 wheel had to wait to receive it? I ordered a custom one with leather airbag at the end of September as a gift for my wife to put under the tree for me. It’s still not here. I have spoken with Ivan a couple of times and been told that it’s still in production. I am just curious about how long it has taken to receive a custom wheel. I am not digging on dctms in this thread, just getting a little concerned. Thanks everyone.

brad

Last edited by 2out2sea; 12-25-2017 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Poor proof reading on my part
Old 12-25-2017, 11:56 AM
jllphan
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

Hey Brad, unfortunately I can't help as I wasn't even aware of this wheel until finding this thread. But those look AMAZING! Hope it arrives soon --keep us posted. I'm gonna have to nab one of these at some point even if they take a year to get!
Old 12-25-2017, 12:57 PM
Slopeslider
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 2out2sea
Hello all and merry Christmas. I tried a search, but could not come up with an answer here so forgive me if this has been covered. I am just curious as to how long those of you that ordered a t96 wheel had to wait to receive it? I ordered a custom one with leather airbag at the end of September as a gift for my wife to put under the tree for me. It’s still not here. I have spoken with Ivan a couple of times and been told that it’s still in production. I am just curious about how long it has taken to receive a custom wheel. I am not digging on dctms in this thread, just getting a little concerned. Thanks everyone.

brad
Hi Brad,

As I recall it took several months for mine to be delivered. Worth the wait though.

Merry Christmas,

Rob

Old 12-25-2017, 08:25 PM
2out2sea
AutoX

I am hoping that it arrives soon. I appreciate the replies. I will keep you posted. I am hoping it turns out as good as the ones I have seen online. Just nervous about the ever stretching timeframe...
brad
Old 01-12-2018, 04:18 PM
2out2sea
AutoX

Well, no one else may care, but I thought I would update this thread to let you know that I still haven't heard from DCTMS/ Ivan on the wheel that I paid for at the end of September. A few threads on other forums have said it took a long time, but now there is no contact from DCTMS at all. I get no reply to email and no there is no answer to the phone, only a generic voice mail. I have submitted a claim to Paypal at this point. I will certainly post if this gets resolved. I do take exception to paying for an item, being told it will be "about 4 weeks" for fabrication and then being left out in the cold with no communication after 3 1/2 months!!!
Old 01-12-2018, 04:25 PM
paulsoo217
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's not a good practice on the seller's part. Please keep us posted and thanks for the updates.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:37 PM
2out2sea
AutoX

quick update. on a fluke I called one last time at the end of the day and Ivan answered this time. He says the vendor he uses for his custom work is having some sort of problem getting product completed. There is apparently no end in sight on the production of my wheel and airbag! uh, ok. we finally agreed that he would send a wheel he has in stock with an alcantara airbag cover for me to see if I want it. I will be able to return it for a refund if I do not like it in person. It is not the best resolution, but it's something and I will keep this thread up to date. it's worth noting that if it isn't in stock with Ivan then it's likely a crap shoot...
Brad
Old 01-12-2018, 08:46 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 245 Posts

quick update. on a fluke I called one last time at the end of the day and Ivan answered this time. He says the vendor he uses for his custom work is having some sort of problem getting product completed. There is apparently no end in sight on the production of my wheel and airbag! uh, ok. we finally agreed that he would send a wheel he has in stock with an alcantara airbag cover for me to see if I want it. I will be able to return it for a refund if I do not like it in person. It is not the best resolution, but it's something and I will keep this thread up to date. it's worth noting that if it isn't in stock with Ivan then it's likely a crap shoot...
Brad
So do they make their wheels that they advertise, or do they just market them from someone else?
Old 01-13-2018, 11:26 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

oh wow thank god I read this thread! I was going to send my own CPZ Steering Wheel & Shift **** to be re-done in Alcantara!
They are Fairly Active on Instagram so I don't know why they haven't been transparent , terrible business practice I say.
Aren't they a Sponsor on here? they are a sponsor on 6speedonline that's where I have been communicating with Ivan via PM's

This is the other company I have been in touch with https://www.instagram.com/exclusiveoption/
they are based out of Mill Valley, CA and have special prices for Rennlist and 6speed Members
Old 01-13-2018, 12:32 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 933 Likes on 622 Posts

I was lucky enough recently to pickup a barely used DCT steering wheel in black leather in the classifieds. I can say that it's a really nice piece, appears very well made. Too bad they are having trouble producing them. IMO this is the best looking non-OEM wheel option for the 996. There are the GT2 wheels which are great but crazy $$$. Most the other aftermarket options I have seen are pretty ugly IMO.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:25 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

In case youve never done wheel business with DCT Ill tell you how it goes. The work is great. The wheels come back to you great. I had a couple things done and it was near perfect.
What they do is send the wheel to some foreign country, sorry I cant recall if its taiwan, china, hong kong. But in that area. You get the wheel mailed back from there. They usually say it will be 4 weeks total time, but for me it was always 5-6 weeks.
Unless there is some catastrophe, it will get back sooner or later. I would imagine Ivan asks the destination if they have it, when it will be ready, etc and if they never got it, or they sent it long ago and it hasnt got here in due time, he will respond to you that its lost. but if its going normally he just will say, wait.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:31 PM
2out2sea
AutoX

Dang it, I have typed this 4x and it keeps disappearing! So one more time.

point 1. I am ok with 5-6 weeks. I am not ok with 12-18 weeks and I have paid in full.
point 2. All communication has been initiated by me. 3-4 calls since placing the order and the same with emails. I am not pestering the guy. Until I get no email reply and I get no call backs to voicemails.
point 3. Dec 10 was told wheel was ready, just waiting on airbag. He would check status and call back. Never called and the wheel wasn’t done because I would have had him send it yesterday but he doesn’t have it.
point 4. I agree that the t96 is the best option out there. Ivan is now sending a wheel at my request for me to look at and see if I want it. If I keep it he will give me a slight discount off of the original purchase price. I will likely send it to dallas to have it recovered on my dime and make it like I wanted initially.
point 4. Ivan DID OFFER A REFUND. This cannot be stressed enough. Mind you this was after our less than pleasant conversation yesterday.

i don’t know what all of this means for those considering a steering wheel. Just don’t expect it in 4 weeks.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:39 PM
2out2sea
AutoX

Default Wheel i wanted in black. Silver wheel being shipped

Old 01-13-2018, 08:42 PM
2out2sea
AutoX

Old 01-14-2018, 05:12 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 245 Posts

I recently got this wheel in a trade for my stock wheel, PO, claims it is a t96 from dct but the upper portion is continuous, no seem on both sides just above center portion as in all of their wheels that I have seen.
So there must ne some other manufacturer out there.
I know Techart makes them, but I could not find a photo to see in construction method was the same.
Good luck with getting your wheel straightened out.

Last edited by NYoutftr; 01-16-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dct t96 steering wheel