Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

played a little to hard, bit the curb. need a wheel...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 01:00 PM
No_Rice
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default played a little to hard, bit the curb. need a wheel...

You know how it goes, the harder you play, the more likely it is, eventually you'll have to pay. clipped the curb just enough to break the lip on my rear wheel... Playing around on an undeveloped, dead side street with some fun corners to hang the *** end out through. Done it a ton of times. The old tires vs cold streets stepped out just a hair farther then I left room for... such is life.

So on that note, anyone know where one of these is laying around at? Doesn't have to be perfect by any means, these aren't. 19x10 or 11.

Old 12-03-2017, 02:29 PM
todcp
Instructor

Sorry to see this. No wheel for you but recommend you take a close look at the suspension components. That was a hard hit.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Agree with todcp. That's a hit and suspension needs a good check. Even a time I brushed a curb with my Boxster's right rear tire and didn't even damage the wheel or the tire the right rear wheel alignment was out.

For a replacement wheel... I don't know where you are but years ago when I hit a curb with my Mustang GT and ruined a wheel I dealt with Calderon Tires/Wheels in San Jose CA.

Give Calderon a call and see if the place has a wheel for you.

Calerdon Tires/Wheels.
504 Emory St, San Jose, CA 95110
(408) 931-6404
Old 12-03-2017, 02:48 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Wheel Enhancement.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:15 PM
No_Rice
Intermediate

It Does look alot worse then it is. If you look close you can see the "polished lip" is just a cover over the lip and not actually part of the structural wheel. Although I did crack what was under it. That being said, I have spent a fair amount of time under the car looking things over. Can't see any other damage, but will do it a few more times with fresh eyes!

And yes. It is an excuse for new wheels... and it needed tires anyway, but if love to be able to drive it till the salt hits the roads here. Doesn't look likely though. I don't even have a nonmatching one to throw on it to move it around.

Quick Reply: played a little to hard, bit the curb. need a wheel...