Sponsored by:

GT3 front swaybar bushings

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 03:48 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Default GT3 front swaybar bushings

I have a 40th 996 with stock m030 springs. I bought a GMG challenge swaybar kit and have a fitment issue with the front bar.

The bushings, whether the inner diameter is too small or the outer diameter is too big, simply won't cleanly fit in the channel provided for them on the car. If I try to reinstall the plate that retains the swaybar and bushings, it deforms the plate instead of compressing the bushings. There just isn't enough room.

Does anyone have this issue with any other front sway bar? Do I just have the wrong bushings or something?
Old 11-29-2017, 04:40 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

Sounds like GMG somehow sent you the wrong bushings. Is there a part # of any type on them? I’m assuming you have the round part up and the flat side against the plate?

For the record, my dealings with GMG have been horrendous and utterly frustrating. I tried to buy a nut from them and they forced me to buy the entire bolt assembly($70). I tried to convince them it was the wrong one once I got it and they told me it was the updated version. I then tried to convince the next RL’er who purchased if from me of the same thing but his race car mechanic was able to prove them wrong. They then wanted another $70 to replace it. I finally found a replacement nut at the 3rd specialty hardware store I went to and solved the entire problem for $1.10.

On another occasion, I had a busted pierce on a thrust arm I needed replaced. They quoted me $225. Tarret replaced a similar piece of similar size from the same crash for $30!!!

I will never do business with GMG again.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:36 AM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes, I have the round part up and the flat part on bottom against the plate. It's been many years ago now (I gave up and ran just the GMG rear bar- SCCA rules allow either a front or rear and it's now clear that front is the way to go) but I remember calling/emailing GMG and not getting anywhere. The other issue the kit had was that the swaybar contacted the control arms, which I think probably wouldn't happen with a GT3 due to being lower, but was happening at times on my m030 suspension. IIRC the adjustable droplinks didn't have enough range to resolve that issue either. I guess I'm going to start my troubleshooting all over again. I will probably bust out the micrometer and figure out what dimensions I actually need and go from there.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:14 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

Try it with your m30 bushings. If that works, just order a new set of GT3 bushings and you are good to go.

Quick Reply: GT3 front swaybar bushings