996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

They done gone and did it! New 911T

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 12:19 AM
manimal
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

I don't know what I was expecting, but I feel like that price doesn't correspond w/ the original spirit of the T.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:30 PM
DeanClevername
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I think this being a "stripper 911" is or even a "lightweight" Carrera is a bit of a misnomer or maybe a Porsche marketing bungle.

Looking at the actual features shows the 911T provides a way to get the PASM sport suspension, diff and a reduced final drive in a car with the base engine. You're still paying for them over the base car, but at least you can have them now. As far as I can tell the PASM sport suspension isn't even an option on the base Carrera for 2018, same with diff. You're also paying for some aero bits and the sport seats (and the option to upgrade to the the hardback sport seats). They also threw in some thinner glass and door pulls to make it feel more special, but that is all anyone seems to concentrate on.

From looking at the Porsche website, the GTS' $120k price doesn't include the PASM sport suspension as standard. It's an option available bundled with PDCC.

TLDR this is not a stripped car. This is a Carrera tailored to the enthusiast with some specific performance options. Why would that be cheaper than the base car? Whether it is a good value compared to the S or GTS is another argument I suppose

Quick Reply: They done gone and did it! New 911T