Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

CAE Ultra shifter on Daily Driver?

Old 10-16-2017, 11:52 PM
derv88
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting. mine came with a short shifter of some sort, but it's pretty notchy. makes me fear a money shift. in fact, I've already almost done one 2x in about 1k miles. I suffered a money shift in my saab viggen and had to lie my *** off to get it covered under warranty, luckily they did.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:06 AM
Function-First
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by manimal
If you haven't already, check out Function First's "Shift Right Solution" (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...ifter-kit.html) -- definitely takes the slop out.
The SHIFT-RIGHT retrofit works great in concert with the 997 SSK. If you like your current shifter throw, there’s no reason to upgrade anything but the pivot points within the shifter.

The Retrofit Kit is comprised of custom machined aluminum pieces, heavy-duty ball bearings, and hardware to entirely upgrade the factory shifter assembly. Additionally, the tightly toleranced shifter yoke is hard anodized for maximum wear protection and Teflon impregnated to further reduce friction. The OEM cradle and shift lever are retained with this setup so that your shifter throw remains unchanged and the factory fit is preserved.

Check out the product page for full details:
http://www.function-first.com/produc...right-solution

Comprehensive Shifting Solutions for your Porsche.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:08 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Function-First
The SHIFT-RIGHT retrofit works great in concert with the 997 SSK. If you like your current shifter throw, there’s no reason to upgrade anything but the pivot points within the shifter.

The Retrofit Kit is comprised of custom machined aluminum pieces, heavy-duty ball bearings, and hardware to entirely upgrade the factory shifter assembly. Additionally, the tightly toleranced shifter yoke is hard anodized for maximum wear protection and Teflon impregnated to further reduce friction. The OEM cradle and shift lever are retained with this setup so that your shifter throw remains unchanged and the factory fit is preserved.

Check out the product page for full details:
http://www.function-first.com/produc...right-solution
Thank you for the information.
But when you start with $450 for my 997ssk, then add $300 for your improvements, I would then have a $750 plastic shifter.
That leaves a pit in my stomach, $750 for a plastic modified unit
Old 10-18-2017, 09:14 PM
Function-First
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
But when you start with $450 for my 997ssk, then add $300 for your improvements, I would then have a $750 plastic shifter.
What's wrong with a plastic shifter body?
Old 10-18-2017, 09:28 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
Would for me as well, hacking into a perfectly usable SSK when you could sell it and buy a Numeric for $699!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CAE Ultra shifter on Daily Driver?