996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Designtek coilover initial setup?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 09:07 PM
Jeremy Hazeltine
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Designtek coilover initial setup?

I will be installing my designtek d220 coilovers this weekend. Anyone have advice on initial shock settings? It will be getting aligned and corner balanced, but i wanted a starting point
Old 09-21-2017, 04:31 PM
nckwrnr
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just installed a set of similar looking coilovers but they are made by PB brakes. Mine are 30 way adjustable spring rates are 6k front and 8k rear or 336lbs front and 450lbs rear.What are the spring rates on yours? I have been messing with the settings quite a bit full soft feels similar to a lowering spring and shock combo while full stiff in the back and about 15 in the front is great for a very spirited drive and still tolerable. Yours being 36 way adjustble are probably quite similar to Ksports or D2s here is a review I found on a pair of Ksports for setup:

I have dampening set at Street: 17F(from soft) and 25R (from soft) and they ride perfect/more comfortable than stock Track: 19/20F 29/30R for track and they were excellent. The install took my shop 5hrs plus an alignment. They lowered my car by almost 2" which is a lot. They said they couldnt lower it less without putting some compression in the front since the fronts do not have bottom mount adjustments. My final height is 24.8"F and 25"R which work great for me. Good luck.

Last edited by nckwrnr; 09-21-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:36 PM
nckwrnr
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ive got my ride height at 25.25" front and 25" rear (fender lip to ground) it has a one finger gap front and rear looks like around gt3 ride height and doesn't scrape on anything including steep driveways or speed bumps.

I've never understood how people say more comfortable than stock like the review above they must be lying to themselves.

Ride height picture for reference:

Quick Reply: Designtek coilover initial setup?