Sponsored by:

Rattling noise coming from rear of vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 07:24 PM
_b3nc3_
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling noise coming from rear of vehicle

So I just started noticing this rattling noise when in first and second gears. it occurs at two points in the rpm range. 1,200-1,500 and again at 2,500-3,000 rpm.

I tried doing a search but I couldn't find anything. Thinking its possibly a heat shield or something similar. Any opinions

Thanks
Old 09-12-2017, 05:17 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Well I hear a tinny type of sounding recently developed to the left rear which after the car engine warms up I hear clearer when idling. Seems to speed up as I accelerate then goes away. (unless I don't hear it then because of engine noise). I removed the serpentine belt and pulled and pushed on all pulleys. If anything I seem to be able to get the slightest of movement on the water pump pulley but I would not bet a weeks wages on that finding. The water pump was an OEM replacement pump about 20K back so I doubt it coming from there. I added the low temp thermo along with that job, which I did myself. Sorry I cant help but we could have the same problem.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:05 AM
rogazilla
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the alternator pulley. I just replaced mine this past weekend and it was seized completely. The car runs normal and my charging is normal but I get the rattle when rpm changes, additional stress on the tensioner which also lead to tensioner pulley bearing wearing out. Replaced both.

Quick Reply: Rattling noise coming from rear of vehicle