Sponsored by:

PCM Phone

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 05:54 PM
clwickers
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PCM Phone

I have the following PCM in my 996. It has the phone handset as well.

Putting an O2 Sim in it or BT Sim it rings if I call it - it dials out and rings whichever number I programme in.

The only issue is when dialling out I cannot hear anything - no ringing tone, although I can hear the volume is turned up.

The same if someone calls it - the 'phone rings you can answer, and then hear nothing, other than the fact the volume is up.

I know it will only work with certain sims (900MHZ) however the fact that it makes receives calls seems to suggest sim is working.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Chris
Attached Images  
Old 09-07-2017, 01:00 AM
Mark I
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Some head units only transmit BT sound from phones through the front speakers. You might check the fader setting & see if that changes anything.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:38 AM
clwickers
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Many thanks - makes no difference - there is just a bit of 'white noise' with the volume full up.

It is like everything works as it should apart from the sound - i.e. it dials and receives you juust cannot hear a ringing tone when dialling out or anything coming in.

What I am trying to work out is if there is a problem with the SIM not being compatible, although if this was the case I would expect it not to work at all, or whether there are some setting or whether there is any 'updating (if possible)' I need to do.

It would just be nice to be able to make the call from the car.

Thanks

Chris
Old 09-07-2017, 05:31 AM
Millemiglia
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you live close to a Porsche Center maybe they can retrieve some error codes from the PCM with their diagnosis tool?

Quick Reply: PCM Phone