Sponsored by:

Help with Suspension and Ride Height

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 10:54 PM
texcwa
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Suspension and Ride Height

First, I have read through all of the search threads that relate to my question but could not find an answer that would help.

I have been doing allot of research to upgrade my wearing suspension. I do not want to lower the car much due to approach angle into Garage and am also concerned about tire rub since I do not have OEM wheels and tires. I have narrowed it down to:

1. ROW M030
2. Ohlins Coilovers

From what I have found, both are sim. in how much they lower the car. From my search, I have found either spec data sheets (for the two systems) or dimension from ground to center top of fender lip. Many have different results from the specs and the dimensions also are not much help due to varying Tire diameters.

If there are any suspension gurus out there or if anyone has installed one of the above, I would appreciate the dimension from center of wheel to top center of fender lip (front & Rear). Any other comments welcome.

My set-up now, 2004 C2, OEM suspension, 19" Kinesis, front 8.5 w 50 offset w 235/40/19 tires, rear 11 w 64 offset w 295/30/19 tires.
Front 14 1/4" center to lip, Rear 14 1/2" center to lip.

Thanks and look forward to any help.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:03 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

the first thing I have to say is; if you have 19" w/ 40 tires you are way higher than any stock height would be. You should have 19' tires with 35 front and 30 or 25 rear. Then you could also use lower row springs and still be at a reasonable height to drive
row springs will lower about 1/2 to 3/4" coilovers should be adjustable and should go alot lower.
a row spring is normal in the rest of the world. They dont seem to have scraping problems that is abnormal. if they did porsche would reengineer
Old 09-04-2017, 11:38 PM
texcwa
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by okbarnett
the first thing I have to say is; if you have 19" w/ 40 tires you are way higher than any stock height would be. You should have 19' tires with 35 front and 30 or 25 rear. Then you could also use lower row springs and still be at a reasonable height to drive
row springs will lower about 1/2 to 3/4" coilovers should be adjustable and should go alot lower.
a row spring is normal in the rest of the world. They dont seem to have scraping problems that is abnormal. if they did porsche would reengineer
Thanks for the response, I went with these sizes since there are very few (1 brand that I am aware of) for 25 rear tire. Since there were several brands with rear 30, I wanted to go with the fronts in a 40 so that the front and rears would be within .1" in dia of each other. Yes the overall tire dia is approx 1" larger than OEM, this equates to 1/2" ride height difference.

With that said, the 1/2" difference in radius of tire is why I am looking for some dimensions from others that have installed the ROW M030 or Ohlins.

Quick Reply: Help with Suspension and Ride Height