Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Covering air intake snorkel when washing your 996?

Old 09-12-2017, 09:29 AM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyGS
1). I extended an olive branch and offered you a free tinfoil hat and beer to reduce your stress.

2). You went nuts.

3). I kindly warned you about rabbit holes; you went full retard and traded your shovel for a diesel powered Cat backhoe.

4). Then you added fuel to the fire claiming I'm the dumbest guy in this room.

You have ZERO evidence to support your stupid idiotic assertion. As pointed out to you 996s have probably suffered through over 1 million washes with no recorded hydrolocking incidents. Yet you insist on making the entire universe dumber by dragging everyone down your, now industrial sized rabbit hole.

And by saying I'm the dumbest person in the room (even if your 2nd dumbest which you aren't by a longshot), you did in actually claim you have a superior intellect, you self righteous twit.

I'm done with your stupidity and I rescind the olive branch offers of free beer and tinfoil hats. If I find you in your stupid rabbit hole, I'm going to fill it with you in it so no one else falls in !!!! Good day happy motoring g, and I hope worrying about hydrolocking keeps you up at night....

OR..... would you rather let bygones be bygones and I can go find a crane to get you out of your rabbit hole?

Ask stupid questions, win stupid prizes.

As for me I pledge to no longer argue with this idiot. He will just drag me down to his level and win with experience.

As for automotive knowledge, I've designed parts on vehicles on US highways right now. I actually redesigned an airbox for a client because the previous engineer was a lot like you! I started working on race cars at age 5 over 40 years ago. I've raced as an amateur myself. I've rebuilt multiple engines, transmissions, replaced clutches, differentials, diagnosed and repaired many EFI issues, etc. I was a nuclear mechanic in a previous life (many years ago since you don't understand euphemisms). I still do a lot of work on my many cars. And I sure as hell don't worry about hydrolocking unless I'm driving in a flood!

So what is it going to be? Gonna keep digging? Dig rabbit, dig! If you actually had a legitimate problem deserving an actual answer, most everyone including me would've done everything they could to help. I'm trying to help you stop being a big worry wart silly ninny, but you're so scared you can't see that.

Clearly you should sell your Porsche and get a Kia so you can have 99,999 miles of hydrolocking worry free driving.
you need to get the fawk off your high horse.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:32 AM
TonyTwoBags
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Billup
Guys I have a bigger problem. I've been pressing the spoiler button down in the footwell but my spoiler isn't moving, any ideas?
From the picture in your avatar I believe you are suffering from 9999X code - OEM aero kit. Please visit your local UPS outlet and ship the affected spoiler, side skirts and front bumper to me. I will ensure they are rigorously tested and brought back to normal operating condition.

Free of charge, even.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:40 AM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wildbilly32
Troll Thread of the year award winner?... Maybe...?
it could make the top ten but #1 ? hardly
Old 09-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Billup
Burning Brakes

Received 592 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyTwoBags
From the picture in your avatar I believe you are suffering from 9999X code - OEM aero kit. Please visit your local UPS outlet and ship the affected spoiler, side skirts and front bumper to me. I will ensure they are rigorously tested and brought back to normal operating condition.

Free of charge, even.
9999X code? Is that dangerous? How long will I be affected for? Is it contagious?

PM me you address, will also need mothers maiden name, CC with CCV (for shipping, I'm not paying), and a picture of you with a shoe on your head (so I know you're not a phony).
Old 09-12-2017, 11:04 AM
TonyTwoBags
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Billup
9999X code? Is that dangerous? How long will I be affected for? Is it contagious?

PM me you address, will also need mothers maiden name, CC with CCV (for shipping, I'm not paying), and a picture of you with a shoe on your head (so I know you're not a phony).
Mr Billup,

Please send a wire transfer of $10,000 to the Bank of Niger. Funds clear to provide you with shipping funds, this is how transaction must go. I am honest broker doing business here in West Africa for now 20 years. In advance I thank you for business and wish you happy 9/11 holiday.

Best Regards,
Honest broker from West Africa
Old 09-12-2017, 11:22 AM
Billup
Burning Brakes

Received 592 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyTwoBags
Mr Billup,

Please send a wire transfer of $10,000 to the Bank of Niger. Funds clear to provide you with shipping funds, this is how transaction must go. I am honest broker doing business here in West Africa for now 20 years. In advance I thank you for business and wish you happy 9/11 holiday.

Best Regards,
Honest broker from West Africa
JFC that was almost too perfect.

You had me. Until the end at least. Should have put "Regard of Bestes Friend".
Old 09-12-2017, 12:06 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by AWDGuy
yeah but his **** is bigger than yours.
True story.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Covering air intake snorkel when washing your 996?