Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum-60/)
-   -   Gota911 Obituary (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/1023293-gota911-obituary.html)

Wellardmac 09-01-2017 05:47 PM

Gota911 Obituary

I'm not here as often as I used to be, but I know there are still some old timers around here that would want to see this.

I am sad to learn and pass along that our old friend Gota911 passed away on August 10th. Some of us have been in touch with him for many years and were saddened by his cancer diagnosis. He was a truly great Porsche owner and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. It's sad to hear of his passing. We was a fighter, but this one beat him way too quickly. :crying:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nam...view=guestbook

https://rennlist.com/forums/members/31809-gota911.html

Sneaky Pete 09-01-2017 05:58 PM

Oh crap! Godspeed!

Wellardmac 09-01-2017 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete (Post 14450461)
Oh crap! Godspeed!

Yup. My reaction was similar. My heart is breaking for the loss of a friend and for his family.

Cuda911 09-01-2017 05:59 PM

Sorry to learn of this.

Marc Gelefsky 09-01-2017 06:06 PM

Aw man, Condolences to his family.

TonyTwoBags 09-01-2017 06:56 PM

Sad to see, best wishes to his friends & family.

Sneaky Pete 09-01-2017 08:44 PM

When I entered RL in 2008, Tim was the Rennlist version of the Walmart greeter. You guys wonder where "show me pics! Or it never happened" or "this thread is worthless without pics" came from? It was Tim. The saddest day was when Tim had to sell his 996....and the happiest was when found a 997. Some of those threads are gold Jerry gold I tell yuh! RIP Tim.

Woodman71 09-01-2017 08:49 PM

I didn't know Tim, but this still sucks. I hope your driving your Porsche somewhere where there are no police or potholes.

***K cancer.

Wellardmac 09-01-2017 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete (Post 14450716)
When I entered RL in 2008, Tim was the Rennlist version of the Walmart greeter. You guys wonder where "show me pics! Or it never happened" or "this thread is worthless without pics" came from? It was Tim. The saddest day was when Tim had to sell his 996....and the happiest was when found a 997. Some of those threads are gold Jerry gold I tell yuh! RIP Tim.

Yup, he was our resident social director, comedian, mod bully (don't get him started about yellow side markers, or painted bumperettes) and character of this forum. He kept people in line, but did it with humor and kind words, even when someone was being an ass. He had a passion for our cars and loved the forum and people. This place was a fun place to be because of Tim and I spent way too much time here.

I recent years he lived a rollercoaster life, with several genuine hardships, but he kept smiling and good spirits through it all. He was a guy that you didn't have to meet him to be his friend - even separated by the internet you could tell that he was a genuinely nice guy and would do anything to help people. When you met him in person you were not disappointed - he was everything that you thought he was and more.

I don't drink, but tonight I raise a glass for my friend. I feel privileged that I could call him that.

Sneaky Pete 09-01-2017 09:40 PM

Well I'm having some Bourbon and am toasting a friend I never met from far away.

AnthonyGS 09-01-2017 11:04 PM

May all his roads be winding, smooth, and may his fuel tank never be empty.

Phil G. 09-02-2017 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Wellardmac (Post 14450749)
Yup, he was our resident social director, comedian, mod bully (don't get him started about yellow side markers, or painted bumperettes) and character of this forum. He kept people in line, but did it with humor and kind words, even when someone was being an ass. He had a passion for our cars and loved the forum and people. This place was a fun place to be because of Tim and I spent way too much time here.

I recent years he lived a rollercoaster life, with several genuine hardships, but he kept smiling and good spirits through it all. He was a guy that you didn't have to meet him to be his friend - even separated by the internet you could tell that he was a genuinely nice guy and would do anything to help people. When you met him in person you were not disappointed - he was everything that you thought he was and more.

I don't drink, but tonight I raise a glass for my friend. I feel privileged that I could call him that.

Beautifully said, Wayne. Tim had a tough life, having lost a child years ago, and going through a series of jobs in a difficult job market. He had really regained stability in his life until last year when the cancer struck with a vengeance. My condolences to his wife, his family, and his "virtual" friends on Rennlist. I never met Tim in person, but corresponded regularly with him since buying my first Porsche (a 996 4S) in 2006. He truly loved and knew these cars, helped owners with questions, and mercilessly harassed those of us who bought them, but preferred to polish them rather than actually drive them (folks like me). Due to Tim's haranguing, I was afraid NOT to put clear side markers on both of my Porsches as soon as I got them. ! I'll truly miss gota911, and in true Texas spirit, drank a couple of beers to his memory last night. Tim was one of a kind - a gentle, smart, kind, funny guy who truly loved the marque and those of us who felt the same way about these cars as he did. RIP Tim. You'll be missed.

Esfoad 09-02-2017 12:58 PM

As a more recent member here I never knew the man but it sounds like he was a major player here. Since I am in year 7 of my fight against 3 different cancers and doing OK I can really feel for the fight he put up, the courage he had to face it and the unbearable loss for his family and friends. My deepest condolences to all who knew Tim.

fpb111 09-02-2017 01:28 PM

Thank you for posting Tims obituary.:crying:

I also joined in 2008 and greatly enjoyed Tims sense of humor and good natured "bullying". He really helped foster a sense of comradeship on the site.

Tim fair weather and endless mountain alpine roads for you and your son Damian.

Dharn55 09-02-2017 04:22 PM

I have been a member since 2005 and remember him well. Had many interchanges with him, wonderful guy here on RL. RIP Tim!