Sponsored by:

Gota911 Obituary

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Gota911 Obituary

I'm not here as often as I used to be, but I know there are still some old timers around here that would want to see this.

I am sad to learn and pass along that our old friend Gota911 passed away on August 10th. Some of us have been in touch with him for many years and were saddened by his cancer diagnosis. He was a truly great Porsche owner and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. It's sad to hear of his passing. We was a fighter, but this one beat him way too quickly.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nam...view=guestbook

https://rennlist.com/forums/members/31809-gota911.html
The following users liked this post:
DoubleNutz (08-06-2023)
Old 09-01-2017, 05:58 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Oh crap! Godspeed!
Old 09-01-2017, 05:59 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
Oh crap! Godspeed!
Yup. My reaction was similar. My heart is breaking for the loss of a friend and for his family.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:59 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 441 Likes on 284 Posts

Sorry to learn of this.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:06 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Aw man, Condolences to his family.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:56 PM
TonyTwoBags
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Sad to see, best wishes to his friends & family.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:44 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

When I entered RL in 2008, Tim was the Rennlist version of the Walmart greeter. You guys wonder where "show me pics! Or it never happened" or "this thread is worthless without pics" came from? It was Tim. The saddest day was when Tim had to sell his 996....and the happiest was when found a 997. Some of those threads are gold Jerry gold I tell yuh! RIP Tim.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:49 PM
Woodman71
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 127 Posts

I didn't know Tim, but this still sucks. I hope your driving your Porsche somewhere where there are no police or potholes.

***K cancer.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:02 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
When I entered RL in 2008, Tim was the Rennlist version of the Walmart greeter. You guys wonder where "show me pics! Or it never happened" or "this thread is worthless without pics" came from? It was Tim. The saddest day was when Tim had to sell his 996....and the happiest was when found a 997. Some of those threads are gold Jerry gold I tell yuh! RIP Tim.

Yup, he was our resident social director, comedian, mod bully (don't get him started about yellow side markers, or painted bumperettes) and character of this forum. He kept people in line, but did it with humor and kind words, even when someone was being an ***. He had a passion for our cars and loved the forum and people. This place was a fun place to be because of Tim and I spent way too much time here.

I recent years he lived a rollercoaster life, with several genuine hardships, but he kept smiling and good spirits through it all. He was a guy that you didn't have to meet him to be his friend - even separated by the internet you could tell that he was a genuinely nice guy and would do anything to help people. When you met him in person you were not disappointed - he was everything that you thought he was and more.

I don't drink, but tonight I raise a glass for my friend. I feel privileged that I could call him that.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Well I'm having some Bourbon and am toasting a friend I never met from far away.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:04 PM
AnthonyGS
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

May all his roads be winding, smooth, and may his fuel tank never be empty.
The following users liked this post:
hartmn (08-11-2019)
Old 09-02-2017, 09:25 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Yup, he was our resident social director, comedian, mod bully (don't get him started about yellow side markers, or painted bumperettes) and character of this forum. He kept people in line, but did it with humor and kind words, even when someone was being an ***. He had a passion for our cars and loved the forum and people. This place was a fun place to be because of Tim and I spent way too much time here.

I recent years he lived a rollercoaster life, with several genuine hardships, but he kept smiling and good spirits through it all. He was a guy that you didn't have to meet him to be his friend - even separated by the internet you could tell that he was a genuinely nice guy and would do anything to help people. When you met him in person you were not disappointed - he was everything that you thought he was and more.

I don't drink, but tonight I raise a glass for my friend. I feel privileged that I could call him that.
Beautifully said, Wayne. Tim had a tough life, having lost a child years ago, and going through a series of jobs in a difficult job market. He had really regained stability in his life until last year when the cancer struck with a vengeance. My condolences to his wife, his family, and his "virtual" friends on Rennlist. I never met Tim in person, but corresponded regularly with him since buying my first Porsche (a 996 4S) in 2006. He truly loved and knew these cars, helped owners with questions, and mercilessly harassed those of us who bought them, but preferred to polish them rather than actually drive them (folks like me). Due to Tim's haranguing, I was afraid NOT to put clear side markers on both of my Porsches as soon as I got them. ! I'll truly miss gota911, and in true Texas spirit, drank a couple of beers to his memory last night. Tim was one of a kind - a gentle, smart, kind, funny guy who truly loved the marque and those of us who felt the same way about these cars as he did. RIP Tim. You'll be missed.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:58 PM
Esfoad
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

As a more recent member here I never knew the man but it sounds like he was a major player here. Since I am in year 7 of my fight against 3 different cancers and doing OK I can really feel for the fight he put up, the courage he had to face it and the unbearable loss for his family and friends. My deepest condolences to all who knew Tim.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:28 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts

Thank you for posting Tims obituary.

I also joined in 2008 and greatly enjoyed Tims sense of humor and good natured "bullying". He really helped foster a sense of comradeship on the site.

Tim fair weather and endless mountain alpine roads for you and your son Damian.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:22 PM
Dharn55
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

I have been a member since 2005 and remember him well. Had many interchanges with him, wonderful guy here on RL. RIP Tim!

Quick Reply: Gota911 Obituary