996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Gota911 Obituary

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 09:34 AM
Esfoad
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I am a 3 time cancer survivor and early detection and fast action means a lot. Some of us are luckier than others. Bless all those who are fighting and all those who have lost the fight.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:29 AM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 93 Posts

That's sad. He was very active at the 997 forum. RIP Tim.
Old 05-01-2023, 09:03 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just saw this now. Sad!
I remember Tim's sense of humor, and the way he was helpful and friendly.
His friendly attitude transcended through keyboards and internet, and made most of us feel like good friends.
Old 05-01-2023, 09:07 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by JDSStudios
I just saw this now. Sad!
I remember Tim's sense of humor, and the way he was helpful and friendly.
His friendly attitude transcended through keyboards and internet, and made most of us feel like good friends.
Yeah, he was a great guy. Even after all this time I still think of him. Even at the end his outlook and demeanor didn't change. A loss to the Rennlist community.
Old 05-03-2023, 03:15 PM
Down South
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

Definitely was a great member and person. He was one of the first members to reach out to me when I joined. Was still active in the 996 forum for years even though he's sold his car. He even had some time for us 996 guys after he bought a 997.

RIP, Tim!
Old 05-26-2023, 01:58 AM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Interesting timing on this thread being resurrected after so long. My wonderful wife is, at most, a few weeks away from joining Tim in heaven. She has been battling rectal cancer for the past year and a half. If her cancer had been caught sooner, she would have been able to survive it. Most of us are pretty **** (no pun intended) about how we take care of our Porsches. Please learn from my mistake. If I had recognized the symptoms and taken my wife to a competent doctor sooner, she wouldn't be taking her final journey at 58 years old. Treasure your co-pilots guys. I will ask my wife to tell Tim that we miss him and we will all be together soon.
Old 05-26-2023, 07:55 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mfletch
Interesting timing on this thread being resurrected after so long. My wonderful wife is, at most, a few weeks away from joining Tim in heaven. She has been battling rectal cancer for the past year and a half. If her cancer had been caught sooner, she would have been able to survive it. Most of us are pretty **** (no pun intended) about how we take care of our Porsches. Please learn from my mistake. If I had recognized the symptoms and taken my wife to a competent doctor sooner, she wouldn't be taking her final journey at 58 years old. Treasure your co-pilots guys. I will ask my wife to tell Tim that we miss him and we will all be together soon.
Oh Mark, I'm so sorry.

Cancer sucks. There's no more words. Watching a loved one go through cancer is tough. My wife was dealing with breast cancer over the last 18 months. Not fun. Thankfully we caught it before it spread.

I can't even imagine what you're going through right now. Hang in there.
Old 05-26-2023, 12:20 PM
hoofdpijn
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 54 Posts

This is just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry and honestly cannot imagine what you're going through. I went through a struggle with cancer myself and I honestly believe it was harder on my wife than it was on me. There just aren't words to express how deeply sorry I am.
Old 05-26-2023, 03:04 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Wayne, thank you. I am so glad your wife pulled through. I'm sure that experience has made you treasure every day you have together.
hoofdpijn, thanks. I'm glad you won your battle also. This has been pretty rough on our kids and granddaughter. We have a grandson on the way who will never get to meet her...
I remember that Tim lost a son before he died. I could not comprehend the grief he must have experienced. I'm sure that knowing he would be reunited with his son brought him peace in his final days. Knowing that we will all be together again is the only thing that has kept my family going.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mfletch:
hoofdpijn (06-05-2023), Wellardmac (05-26-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 03:09 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Wayne, thank you. I am so glad your wife pulled through. I'm sure that experience has made you treasure every day you have together.
hoofdpijn, thanks. I'm glad you won your battle also. This has been pretty rough on our kids and granddaughter. We have a grandson on the way who will never get to meet her...
I remember that Tim lost a son before he died. I could not comprehend the grief he must have experienced. I'm sure that knowing he would be reunited with his son brought him peace in his final days. Knowing that we will all be together again is the only thing that has kept my family going.
You're a strong guy and I'm glad that you and your family are getting through this the best that you can.

A serious illness teaches you what's important in life and what's not. I've had cancer twice and my wife once. As a result I have little patience for unimportant BS. Family is pretty much all that matters. My wife is everything to me and I don't know what I would do without her. Enjoy every day that you have left with her and hopefully you get to make some good memories in the time you have left.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wellardmac:
hoofdpijn (06-05-2023), Porschetech3 (05-26-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 03:50 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,323 Likes on 1,960 Posts

My condolences to all that are suffering emotional hardships...and thank you for sharing them...Cancer sucks..My personal ones are too much for me to express in words right now .. I can only say that I can relate to you, and yes, this thread reminds me of what is important in the life, the 5 F's,...... Faith, Family, Friends, Fun, Finances...and always trying to keep them in that order..

Last edited by Porschetech3; 05-26-2023 at 04:05 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Porschetech3:
hoofdpijn (06-05-2023), islaTurbine (06-04-2023), Wellardmac (05-26-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 08:01 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

I do not know what it is about Porsches....they seem to attract the nicest people. Both of you guys have figured out what is important in life. Thanks again.
Old 05-26-2023, 08:03 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

I do not know what it is about Porsches....they seem to attract the nicest people. Both of you guys have figured out what is important in life. Thanks again.
Agreed. I've met so many nice people in the Porsche community.
Old 08-05-2023, 12:04 PM
perryinva
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I know I’m very late to this, but I joined in ‘08 when I got my ‘02 996, and his exploits were always a worthwhile read. RIP TIM
The following users liked this post:
wdb (08-06-2023)

Quick Reply: Gota911 Obituary