Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 996 Forum
Reload this Page >

RSS 996 Top Seller | Lightweight Underdrive Crank Pulley # 601 | In Stock

Notices
996 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: LN Engineering

RSS 996 Top Seller | Lightweight Underdrive Crank Pulley # 601 | In Stock

 
Old 08-25-2017, 10:16 AM
  #16  
MoeMonney
User
 
MoeMonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: L.A. USA, Laredo, Texas Mexico City, Mexico
Posts: 581
Default

So the pulley is sold for $210 seperately from the belt? And the belt alone costs $30? I just don't see why it's more expensive than the Tune Rs pulley that comes with the belt for less than $200. Am I correct that the belt is sold seperatly?
MoeMonney is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 10:17 AM
  #17  
996lee
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 32
Default

Have the rss under drive pulley on mine and love it
Made the steering slightly heavier which liked too ;-)
Didn't like that I had to take a dremmel to the engine to get it to fit but it was worth it
996lee is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 01:13 PM
  #18  
RSSmike
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
RSSmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 464
Default

Originally Posted by gobs View Post
Always good to replace the bot and washer. I think the the bolt is a $3.00
We recommend replacing them.
__________________


R
SS ROAD SPORT SUPPLY
2015 Pirelli World Challenge TC Champions
2014 Spanish Rallye Tarmac Champions
2013 Rolex Grand Am GX Champions
[email protected]
www.roadsportsupply.com
facebook
Youtube

+ 714-557-2311

RSSmike is offline  
Old 11-22-2017, 03:09 PM
  #19  
RSSmike
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
RSSmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 464
Default

Just completed another run of the 601 Underdrive Pulleys! Back in stock for the holidays...
__________________


R
SS ROAD SPORT SUPPLY
2015 Pirelli World Challenge TC Champions
2014 Spanish Rallye Tarmac Champions
2013 Rolex Grand Am GX Champions
[email protected]
www.roadsportsupply.com
facebook
Youtube

+ 714-557-2311

RSSmike is offline  
Old 10-05-2018, 07:11 PM
  #20  
dukestreet
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
dukestreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 16
Default

Can I get the discount code? I think I spoke to you today. Thanks!
dukestreet is offline  
Old 10-05-2018, 08:22 PM
  #21  
RSSmike
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
RSSmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 464
Default

Originally Posted by dukestreet View Post
Can I get the discount code? I think I spoke to you today. Thanks!
Check your PM's.
__________________


R
SS ROAD SPORT SUPPLY
2015 Pirelli World Challenge TC Champions
2014 Spanish Rallye Tarmac Champions
2013 Rolex Grand Am GX Champions
[email protected]
www.roadsportsupply.com
facebook
Youtube

+ 714-557-2311

RSSmike is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 12:09 AM
  #22  
Vfrealtor
User
 
Vfrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by RSSmike View Post
Check your PM's.

Hello Mike,

can you PM me the discount code please. I have my vehicle on jacks and currently working on some performance and maintenance items. Might as well install a pulley.


Vfrealtor is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 07:46 AM
  #23  
Silk
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 482
Default

Originally Posted by RSSmike View Post
... improve cooling efficiency ...
Hi Mike, can you please elaborate this? I do not understand. Or do you mean improved efficiency under moderate and higher, near redline rpms? Like on the track.
No offence. I myself have the RSS underdrive pulley installed. But people have to be aware that the underdrive pulley's main purpose is for when tracking the car.

For normal street use one need to be straightforward and honest. The underdrive pulley is detrimental for the cooling efficiency at the moment the M96/97 engine is needing it most!
At low/idle rpm the water pumping capacity of the waterpump is not efficient at all. With the underdrive pulley the water pump will rotate even less under these circumstances.
When coming to a standstill after a drive (which is most common in non-track conditions). the driving wind falls away, the thermostat is most probably not fully open and the water pump is not moving a lot of water. It is at these moments the engine still needs to get rid of a lot of heat. Haveing the underdrive pulley is not improving the cooling efficiency at this moment when it our engines needs it most. The probablilty of local hot spots increases and we all know what effect these have on the damage it can cause.
Silk is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 10:15 AM
  #24  
RangerRick
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
RangerRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Randolph New Jersey
Posts: 237
Default

Silk, thank you for your input - That was a concern of mine, and the very reason why I never installed one, I do tracking events a few times a year, as both my 996's are my daily driver. Thanks again!
RangerRick is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 11:31 AM
  #25  
dporto
Super User
 
dporto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: L.I. NY
Posts: 3,631
Default

Originally Posted by RangerRick View Post
Silk, thank you for your input - That was a concern of mine, and the very reason why I never installed one, I do tracking events a few times a year, as both my 996's are my daily driver. Thanks again!
Just don't let the car sit and idle and you've got nothing to worry about...
dporto is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 01:07 PM
  #26  
RSSmike
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
RSSmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 464
Default

Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Hi Mike, can you please elaborate this? I do not understand. Or do you mean improved efficiency under moderate and higher, near redline rpms? Like on the track.
No offence. I myself have the RSS underdrive pulley installed. But people have to be aware that the underdrive pulley's main purpose is for when tracking the car.

For normal street use one need to be straightforward and honest. The underdrive pulley is detrimental for the cooling efficiency at the moment the M96/97 engine is needing it most!
At low/idle rpm the water pumping capacity of the waterpump is not efficient at all. With the underdrive pulley the water pump will rotate even less under these circumstances.
When coming to a standstill after a drive (which is most common in non-track conditions). the driving wind falls away, the thermostat is most probably not fully open and the water pump is not moving a lot of water. It is at these moments the engine still needs to get rid of a lot of heat. Haveing the underdrive pulley is not improving the cooling efficiency at this moment when it our engines needs it most. The probablilty of local hot spots increases and we all know what effect these have on the damage it can cause.
Hi Silk, I understand your concern. We initially developed this pulley over 10 years ago on our 986 Boxster Spec Car and a 996 converted race car. During this time we supplied parts to the Boxster Spec and several other series. We did our research and development on our race cars which had all cooling fans removed from the radiators. The cars never overheated nor did it have cooling issues, given we would typically do a cool down lap before leaving the track. Subsequently we tested the 601 Pulley on a host of street cars including 986, 996, 987, and 997 and experienced no cooling issues of any kind even during the hottest California summers. We have had no reported cooling or mechanical issues having sold thousands of the 601 UD Pulley.
__________________


R
SS ROAD SPORT SUPPLY
2015 Pirelli World Challenge TC Champions
2014 Spanish Rallye Tarmac Champions
2013 Rolex Grand Am GX Champions
[email protected]
www.roadsportsupply.com
facebook
Youtube

+ 714-557-2311

RSSmike is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 08:35 PM
  #27  
condor86
New User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1
Default

Hi, will this pulley fit a 2006 cayman S? Discount code would be nice! Thank you!
condor86 is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 08:33 AM
  #28  
Mike Mullins
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Mike Mullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 508
Default

Mike,
I'd like a discount code if still available, I could use one of these.
Thanks,
Mike
Mike Mullins is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 11:06 AM
  #29  
TexSquirrel
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TexSquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Richmond, T E X A S !
Posts: 1,556
Default

Link above doesn't work.

TexSquirrel is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 12:12 PM
  #30  
RSSmike
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
RSSmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 464
Default

Originally Posted by TexSquirrel View Post
Link above doesn't work.

I will update link, Old website, We transitioned to a much improved user friendly platform earlier this year! There is also a direct link to homepage in my signature below.

See direct Link to 601 Pulley and Belt:
http://roadsportsupply.com/search.php?search_query=601&section=product
__________________


R
SS ROAD SPORT SUPPLY
2015 Pirelli World Challenge TC Champions
2014 Spanish Rallye Tarmac Champions
2013 Rolex Grand Am GX Champions
[email protected]
www.roadsportsupply.com
facebook
Youtube

+ 714-557-2311

RSSmike is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RSS 996 Top Seller | Lightweight Underdrive Crank Pulley # 601 | In Stock


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: