help needed with double din install

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 05:27 AM
rvanhaasen
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed with double din install

hi
I am new to this forum and I hope you can help me with this double din install.
I own a 2003 996 4S cab with only 70.000 km on it. I do all the basic maintenance myself. The audio system is a PCM II most unit with 5 channel DSP amplifier in the frunk.
So I decided ti do an audio upgrade. I ordered a Sony AV X100 unit, removed the PCMII unit, found a ground, pos 12V, and a switched 12V. Installed new speaker cables to the front and rear speakers (i will not use the door speakers for now, at a later stage a 5 channel amplifier will be installed) . The car antenna is connected with a Fakra adapter. So this is the theory
Ok everything should work ok, but it is NOT.
So questions:
The unit refuses to accept my Iphone by USB
In my opinion the antenna signal is to weak: the 996 has two antenna signal amplifiers, how are these powered, now the old PCM II unit has been
removed?
Any suggestions were to connect the hand brake connection?
I appreciate any help
Old 07-20-2017, 06:25 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I (because of my limited knowledge of sound systems) do not understand your problem, but just to inform you that inside the clip off panel next to your right foot, you should find a hanging double electrical connector.Two of the pins are live and neutral all the time and the other two come live as you switch on your ignition switch. I use the latter to drive my radar detector and day time running lights. Hope this info helps you.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:43 AM
rvanhaasen
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI
I know but that's only for American cars and mine obviously is European. BUt that's all sorted: right now I am facing this antenna problem. BUt thanks anyway.

Quick Reply: help needed with double din install