Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RIP Richard Sloan

Old 06-25-2016, 10:08 AM
carguy19
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RIP Richard Sloan

I found out yesterday that the Porsche world lost a very great person.

Richard Sloan was the owner of Sloan Cars, and if you are in the North East you probably know that he was one of the best most honest resellers of 993s and other air cooled cars.

From what I found out, he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer only a few weeks ago and it was super aggressive.

My uinderstanding is that Richards son Brett will be continuing in his fathers footsteps running the business. Brett is also a wealth of knowledge and had been working with his dad for many years maintaining the website, photos and cars.

Richard was always good to me, and offered his honest opinion and assistance even when he wasnt getting a sale. He was always cordial and my 20-30 minute visits to his warehouse always turned into me hanging out for many hours spending time talking, laughing and just enjoying his knowledge. He taught me a lot about Porsches and I was happy to consider him a friend.

It's a sad day because we lost a great Porsche guy. I send my deepest condolences to Brett and his family and wish him all the best filling Richards shoes at the business.

Godspeed Richard!!

"May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars."
Old 06-25-2016, 10:13 AM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

you are late to the race

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...oan-r-i-p.html
Old 06-25-2016, 10:45 AM
carguy19
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am new to the site, so I didn't see that. Sorry for the repost.

Still wanted to say something nice about him.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RIP Richard Sloan