Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 993TT Driver / High Miles <$100K

Old 05-25-2016, 02:10 PM
JQ11
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb WTB: 993TT Driver / High Miles <$100K

Let me know if you're looking to sell or know of someone that would be - strictly looking to keep it under $100K so want a higher mileage / driver.

I'm going to daily drive this....in Jackson Hole, WY....through the winter too - so bring it

Reply or PM with any offers or leads.

Thanks in advance!
John
Old 07-01-2016, 01:23 AM
burton
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you in Jackson full-time? I've been in Jackson for a few years.

If you're running OEM wheels, your winter tire choices are pretty limited. I have Conti DWS tires on stock turbo twists, and they're fine "around town" in winter. Depending on where you live in the Valley, a 993TT may not be a great all-season DD. Simple driveway inclines are difficult with reasonable accumulation.

Solutions: find wheels for a 993TT that will accommodate a real snow tire, or buy a fun AWD DD like a B7 RS4 for days when a 993TT isn't ideal.

Originally Posted by JQ11
Let me know if you're looking to sell or know of someone that would be - strictly looking to keep it under $100K so want a higher mileage / driver.

I'm going to daily drive this....in Jackson Hole, WY....through the winter too - so bring it

Reply or PM with any offers or leads.

Thanks in advance!
John
Old 07-01-2016, 01:44 AM
burton
Rennlist Member

It's possible.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:27 PM
JQ11
Instructor

Originally Posted by burton
Are you in Jackson full-time? I've been in Jackson for a few years.

If you're running OEM wheels, your winter tire choices are pretty limited. I have Conti DWS tires on stock turbo twists, and they're fine "around town" in winter. Depending on where you live in the Valley, a 993TT may not be a great all-season DD. Simple driveway inclines are difficult with reasonable accumulation.

Solutions: find wheels for a 993TT that will accommodate a real snow tire, or buy a fun AWD DD like a B7 RS4 for days when a 993TT isn't ideal.

Love your silver one - you in Rafter J by chance - saw one in a garage there where I was storing a vehicle last summer?

Yea I live in town and will likely be in the Village for the winter so roads are well plowed between there so should be fine - drove a Tesla all winter which sits fairly low and had no problems. Good point about the snow tire limitations - a winter wheel/tire package seems like the way to go. Now just sell me your 993TT....
Old 07-02-2016, 12:00 PM
burton
Rennlist Member

I'm in the Village. I haven't seen another 993TT around town. I didn't know there is one in Rafter J.

I've only had my car in the snow a couple of times to exercise it during the winter, so I don't have much winter driving seat time.

That said, the issue using a 993TT as a winter DD in Jackson isn't so much ground clearance, it's tire limitations. There are only all season tires available for the OEM wheel size, not real winter tires. There's likely a thread on this forum or the 993 forum that suggests another wheel size that will accommodate winter tires.

PM me if you have any questions. Good luck with your search!
Old 07-02-2016, 12:39 PM
incaroads
Track Day

Thumbs up

That would be my 97 Turbo down here in the Rafter .. There is a black one and an arena red one cruising around the valley as well.....
Old 07-02-2016, 09:26 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 232 Likes on 155 Posts

I hear Sandra Bullock has a place there? I've skied JH several times but never seen her around. Sorry, I just find her marginally more interesting than our cars....even though she apparently is a (blech) boarder.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:50 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

I understand some 17 inch wheels will fit the 993tt which might open up your tire choices
Old 07-08-2016, 01:36 PM
JQ11
Instructor

Originally Posted by incaroads
That would be my 97 Turbo down here in the Rafter .. There is a black one and an arena red one cruising around the valley as well.....

Nice love both the silvers in town! Yea I saw a lady driving that arena red one on the dirt road portion of Moose-Wilson - respect

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB: 993TT Driver / High Miles <$100K