Powerflo Intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 10:47 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerflo Intake

Has anyone installed a powerflow intake on their TT. I have heard varying opinions (my wrench is against). Any thoughts? Mike W
Old 10-15-2003, 12:15 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

I think it will suck in lots of nice warm air
Old 10-15-2003, 12:23 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

The coolest and most effective one I have seen is the one that TB993tt has on his car. It is from Gruppe M and when I have an extra $1000 I am not spending on Motons, or lightweight flywheels or new diffs, I will be ordering one.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:52 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

TB993, that's exactly what my wrench said! But I am curious - can you tell me a little more about the system you have in your car that Viperbob is referring to? thanks
Old 10-15-2003, 01:19 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Mike,

Here is a good thread to review

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...light=gruppe+m
Old 10-15-2003, 01:47 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

thanks Bob. Looks to me like gains are questionable even with this advanced system. As a new TT owner I am being careful as to upgrades. I think suspension (PSS9's?) would be next. Like an idiot I purchased the powerflow at the sellers recommendation (Windwood) . I hope they take it back without a hassle. The sales guy insists the system is good and those that respond negativly are off base. Mike
Old 10-15-2003, 02:51 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally posted by Mike W
thanks Bob. Looks to me like gains are questionable even with this advanced system. As a new TT owner I am being careful as to upgrades. I think suspension (PSS9's?) would be next. Like an idiot I purchased the powerflow at the sellers recommendation (Windwood) . I hope they take it back without a hassle. The sales guy insists the system is good and those that respond negativly are off base. Mike
Mike
I concluded that any gains from the GruppeM system come from the cooler (relative to a stock airbox with drilled cover (necessary in a 500+hp motor) sucking in engine heated air) air intake. Whilst I wouldn't call these gains questionable, they are pretty difficult to quantify (and to justify the price ) and are probably small in terms of hp/torque increases.
I am sure the powerflow could be made to work by isolating it from the engine heat - I believe Aussie poster Q has done this with a similar system, so your seller may not be totally wrong - but out of the box, I can't see how this device avoids sucking in engine heated air and would therefore definately be a backward step from the stock snorkel fed airbox set up.

Quick Reply: Powerflo Intake