Ruf or Andial??
Old 03-20-2016, 12:51 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by rinlv1
Ruf or Andial??
The Andial is all about the engine, there is little else modified. The Ruf (turbo R) is a complete package.

I think one could argue the Andial engine is more highly developed than the Ruf turbo R specifically with the Andial employing the twin plug "racing" tech and IIRC the head sealing rings, it used similar cams as the Ruf and similar turbos but the Andial got its own "helicopter" cored intercooler whilst Ruf used stock.
The problem with the Andial motor was the original engine control programming which was a bit unreliable as I remember so they ended up getting an off the shelf Motoronic tune from a German supplier so the original engine dyno tuned set up was gone. The Andial motors ended up around 520PS (with their Motronic pump gas tune) and good Ruf R motors could get near this level @510PS .

The Andial/Porsche MS connection is nice tho' for those collecting.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:38 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't think all of the Andials were built to the same spec, so a build sheet would be valuable.
That motronic ecu does seem to work well, adjusting things for gas quality and such. My boost then ignition will cut out if I use poor gas until it adjusts (also if the battery is disconnected). The idle does 'hunt' a little with lwfw, which has improved noticeably with an 'opened' up exhaust.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:04 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

The Andial cars were supplied with 2 ECU in period. On my old one I had a pump gas 571HP ecu and a 630HP TAG/ Theilart ECU. The Theilart (sp?) ecu never saw action but was for the track and 100 octane.

My old car ran like a swiss watch. Claim to fame is once I made it from Dallas to Newport Beach in 16 hours and change. Like a watch. Andials are great.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:59 AM
rinlv1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cj,

R u sure u don't want one of those Ruf TurboRs? I think u will look good in one. :-)

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
The Andial cars were supplied with 2 ECU in period. On my old one I had a pump gas 571HP ecu and a 630HP TAG/ Theilart ECU. The Theilart (sp?) ecu never saw action but was for the track and 100 octane.

My old car ran like a swiss watch. Claim to fame is once I made it from Dallas to Newport Beach in 16 hours and change. Like a watch. Andials are great.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:35 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

Cj, R u sure u don't want one of those Ruf TurboRs? I think u will look good in one. :-)
I'd prefer a CTR2 to the new ones.

I did 200mph in a RT12 one time...ruf does nice stuff but I'd really have to be convinced of magic fairy dust for a 500k aircooled car.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:42 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 539 Posts

Andial for me
I like hot rods
but
would not kick a similarly price Ruf out of the sack.

This black car does nothing for me, which is cool since I can't afford $199k
Old 03-23-2016, 11:13 PM
TheSilverFox
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Price seems reasonable vs some asking prices these days. Car could be a mess but not a lot more than some asks that are around. Ton more performance than stock
Old 03-26-2016, 03:15 AM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Andial registry

last I heard the Andial 993tt 3.8 twin plug conversion registry was in the hands of RL member bb993tt.

I tried reaching out to him over a year ago, but never connected. anyone know if he is still the registry keeper?
Old 03-29-2016, 01:16 PM
TTKan
Pro

I did not inquire about the price on this one, but I would think north of $300k is not out of the realm of possibility.

http://www.rpmsportscars.com/door2.htm
Old 04-04-2016, 09:20 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I'd prefer a CTR2 to the new ones.

I did 200mph in a RT12 one time...ruf does nice stuff but I'd really have to be convinced of magic fairy dust for a 500k aircooled car.
Have to agree..saw this one at a show last year...owner was a RUF nut with a few more RUF's in the stable.
Attached Images  
Old 04-05-2016, 04:44 PM
993Godspeed
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow...what a beauty.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:50 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TB993tt
The Andial is all about the engine, there is little else modified. The Ruf (turbo R) is a complete package.

I think one could argue the Andial engine is more highly developed than the Ruf turbo R specifically with the Andial employing the twin plug "racing" tech and IIRC the head sealing rings, it used similar cams as the Ruf and similar turbos but the Andial got its own "helicopter" cored intercooler whilst Ruf used stock.
The problem with the Andial motor was the original engine control programming which was a bit unreliable as I remember so they ended up getting an off the shelf Motoronic tune from a German supplier so the original engine dyno tuned set up was gone. The Andial motors ended up around 520PS (with their Motronic pump gas tune) and good Ruf R motors could get near this level @510PS .

The Andial/Porsche MS connection is nice tho' for those collecting.
TB
Andial 3.8 included upgraded brakes, suspension and other bits depending how far you wanted to take it. Mine had strengthend transmission, aluminum doors and hood with the GT2 wing and more track focused suspension. Wish I had that car now! Your correct on the torque, the Theilert ecu was no longer supported so they went to another ecu which didn't allow the duel programs.

I had several track encounters with Ruf's including Steve Beddors famous CTR2.
from Steve "I've never been pulled by another Porsche before"
Andial didn't have 164 sports car trophy's for drag racing, they were for sports car racing. So I don't buy your notion they were only an engine tuner.
Cheers!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Andial Andial Andial